1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Food's that are good for you and help you play better

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by klejst, Jan 25, 2013.

1. It's no surprise that are a lot of foods out there that are good for you (and many that are not). I heard somewhere that foods like Bananas because of the potassium are good for your joints and more specific your arms, hands and fingers which can help you actually play your instrument better (with technique taken into account as well, simply eating does not make you a Geddy Lee over night per say). I suppose it has some to do with cramping and obviously a positive impact on your health. Anyone else hear of something like this? Obviously fluid wise water is always a better choice to drink during a show over something like beer, especially if it gets hot, but c'mon that's not very rockstar'ish :smug:

2. rapidfirerob

rapidfirerob Fusion rules!

Just eat the bass-ics.

3. sobie18

sobie18

May 5, 2002
    Shaw AFB, SC
    Eat healthy, yes. Take care of the body, stay hydrated, and a good multi-vitamin as insurance (rely on whole foods as opposed to water and vitamins).

On a side note, I like to take Theory Vitamins and wash them down with some Rhythm Juice. That's right after I eat healthy portion of Music filled with Standard Notation Jerky and Scale Sauce. I stay away from the Tablature Chips becuase they are not wholesome and are very fattening. They will make you lazy...

4. fjadams

fjadams

Jun 7, 2011
    Danbury, CT
    Abstain from meat and meat bye products.

Like your mom said, "Eat your veges, and eat your fruit if you want to grow up to be healthy, wealthy and wise."

Stay away from sugar saturated soft drinks.

5. I like to take a trip to Jamba Juice before I play, and get the extra vitamins and energy powders in my choice. I don't know that it helps my playing any, but it sure does get me feeling good. I'm also partial to taking a mega dose of glucosamine and chondroitin a few hours before and that tends to get my joints moving a bit better.

Really though, as long as I don't eat things that have me feeling sluggish and gassy, it's all good.

Oh... And red wine... Nothing better than it if you're going to drink at the gig.

6. bluesblaster

bluesblaster

Jan 2, 2008
    why bass of course, take your pick.... smallmouth, largemouth or the ever popular sea bass.

7. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion

Aug 25, 2010
    The Great Midwest
    Red Bull :)

8. HeadyVan Halen

HeadyVan Halen

Jun 11, 2010
    Still got a decade or so before I'm old so...2 Tylenol washed with PBR

9. 4stringfiend

4stringfiend

Jan 15, 2012
    SF Bay Area
    Well in my metal band I like to eat a bowl of nails the morning of a gig, with no milk of course. Otherwise a little bit of lysergic fuel certainly makes for some good playing.

10. Ha ha some great responses :smug:

11. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 1, 2021