1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Foot Switches

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by vivahenry, Feb 26, 2008.

1. Have just acquired an Ashdown Abm Combo. Would like to use the octaver on the amp. To use a footswitch for this, do I need to get the Ashdown footswitch... or does it matter what kind I use?

2. chimpbass

chimpbass

Jan 16, 2008
    Denver, CO
    If it's an EVO III, you need the Ashdown 4-way switch, or some other 4-way switch, I believe (unless someone makes a quarter-inch "quadreo" to 4 quarter-inch mono adapter I don't know about.

If it's an EVO II, you just need a quarter-inch stereo to dual quarter-inch mono cable or adapter and any latching footswitch, such as the Boss FS-5L.

3. It's an EVO II. I can get the ashdown switch for less than the Boss one though. Any other suggestions?

4. chimpbass

chimpbass

Jan 16, 2008
    Denver, CO
    Any latching footswitch without a connecting cable or any dual latching footswitch (with or without a connecting stereo cable) will work. The input will need to be stereo, not mono, or you'll only be able to use the footswitch for the octave or the valve drive, not both. You won't be able to pick which, either. Some dual latching footswitches are:

Ibanez IFS2X
    Marshall P802
    Vox VFS2

No guarantees on any of these. I've had no experience with any of them.

I still recommend the Boss FS-5L It won't break, and leaves room for expansion if you want to add more switching capability later.