1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Football Withdrawal Thread 2006

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by jive1, Apr 10, 2006.

1. jive1

jive1 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    I'm going through some major football withdrawals.
    No news, and a bunch of draft speculation.

I MISS FOOTBALL! :crying: :help: :bawl: :( :confused: :eek: :crying: :( :bawl: :oops: :spit: :( :crying: :help:

2. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    XFL! or AFL! or EFL! whatever they're calling it these days. I watched a game about a week ago.

3. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Who needs football when you've got baseball?

4. MJ5150

MJ5150 Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Hey Jive....I'll send you a copy of my Steelers 2005 Championship season DVD. It has some highlights from the Bears game in it. :D

-Mike

5. You're evil.

:eek:

....I knew there was something I liked about you!

:D

Wadda ya mean it ain't NFL time yet???

:bawl::bawl: :bawl: :bawl: :bawl: :bawl: :bawl:

Guess I'll just have to live at the baseball stadium across the street from the shop this summer...again...

:cool:

6. wolfs

wolfs

Jan 18, 2006
    nyc
    Yeah, man... I miss football, too. As much as I'm trying to follow the coverage leading up to the draft, it's mostly a bunch of speculation. And only a handful of those players will make an impact this upcoming season anyway. Who's up for a 32 game season :D? The Super Bowl would be a question of which team can stand up on the field after all the abuse :eek:

7. McHack

McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!

But, can you really call The Bears,,,,football? :bag:

8. Brad Barker

Brad Barker

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    it would be like the genesis game mutant league football, where half of your starters are missing limbs and stuff! :eek:

9. jive1

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    OMG, the Bungles fan talks smack after their team puts together 1 good season since parachute pants were worn.
    I guess it's good to get something in before history repeats itself.

10. Come on guys, NFL Europe is going on right now...

:D

11. Pruitt

Pruitt

Jun 30, 2005
    Danbury, CT
    I'm in heavy withdrawl. It's painful. I'm trying to get through it following Free Agent movement. As a devout Giants fan, following the Arrington saga has at least been entertaining. I'm gearing up for the draft now and have watched a few NFL Europe games on the NFL network. Man, Training camp seems so far away... :(

12. JansenW

JansenW

Nov 14, 2005
    Cambridge, MA
    I needed the rest (living in the bay area)! :bawl:

13. YES!!!! You are quite right sir. Man I wish I had my genesis right now...

However, I'm having no football withdrawals because Mr. Favre is making sure to give me my fix. It seems like there's 3 articles in every newspaper everyday covering how he doesn't know what he's doing. I love the man, but this is one football issue I just want to be over.

14. wolfs

wolfs

Jan 18, 2006
    nyc
    He he he... that would be awesome

15. McHack

McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    LMAO, I knew that would get ya... But, re: the Bengals... I just hope we have quarterback next year. :bawl:

16. jive1

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    You're actually a closet Bears fan. We say that mantra every year.

17. jive1

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Favre Promises to Reveal Retirement Plans Prior to 8th Game of the Season

(Kiln, MS) Brett Favre, the NFL's only three time MVP and starting quarterback of the Green Bay Packers for the last 13 years notified the team today that he will definitely make up his mind about whether to return for 2006 sometime before the halfway point of the season.

"I know this is somewhat of an unorthodox position," Favre said with a laugh. "But I figure to really know for sure if my heart is still in it I need to watch several weeks worth of games on television and then see how I feel. After all, even in Mississippi the grass doesn't grow much after October and I might find myself bored to tears on Sunday afternoons wishing I had something to do."

Favre said he realizes he gives up $10 million dollars if he decides to hang them up. "The money is nice, I won't lie about that. But there are just so many John Deere riding mowers a man can buy before the neighbors start getting jealous."

Favre said he appreciates all the moves Packers GM Ted Thompson has made this off-season to make the team more competitive. "I couldn't be more pleased," said Favre. "What quarterback in his right mind wouldn't relish the opportunity to throw touchdown passes to guys like Marc Boerighter and Ruvell Martin? Shoot, they could be my ticket to another Super bowl."

Rumors that Favre is upset about the negative comments Packers wider receiver Javon Walker recently made about the team and about Favre in particular aren't true. Said Favre, "I could care less what that little punk ###### thinks. Doesn't he know that Terrel Owens said if I had been the Eagles quarterback they would have won the Super bowl? The only remarks I'm concerned about are the parting comments from Ryan Longwell. If he screwed up my chances of getting a free dinner at Applebee's whenever I want then I just might retire for real".

Attempts to reach Ted Thompson for comment were unsuccessful.

18. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    I ready for Peyton to destroy his younger brother in the first game of the season.