1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Request Footloose by Blake Shelton

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by burrlapsack69, Jan 10, 2018.

1. burrlapsack69

burrlapsack69

Jan 10, 2018
    i have tried to find sheet music or tabs for the bass guitar on footloose by BLAKE SHELTON. already have the kenny loggins version. i need blake sheltons version for the bass. i figured its in G but not sure if the original bass player tuned differently as to get groove in the key they needed for the singer. little help please....:)

2. Steve Hernandez

Steve Hernandez

Sep 2, 2014
    I play this version but don't have tabs for it. I used amazing slow downer and wrote some stuff out but not much. I play it in G w/ standard tuning.

Edited: Found a PDF I had converted to G. Might help some. I believe the original was by JBTaylorSr

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 30, 2018
  3. BassCliff

BassCliff

May 17, 2012
    So. Cal.
    Hi,

Believe it or not, a Google search for "Blake Shelton's bass player on Footloose" turned up this thread on Talkbass. I don't have tab but I have been playing Blake's cover for years, as best I can. All I have is a live video. Maybe it will help you. You're correct, Blake's cover is in the key of G.

It's not note-for-note by any means but I try to capture the feel as best I can.

EDIT: I found this. I'm not even close.

The comments after this video say Mike Brignardello was the bass player on the track.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Last edited: Dec 14, 2018
    andysvec likes this.
  4. andysvec

andysvec Supporting Member

Sounded great, and that's some sweet moves Cliff! We'll see you Saturday here in Sin City!

BassCliff likes this.