1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Footswitch for a Carvin Pro Bass 300?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by thebane90, Aug 22, 2012.

1. thebane90

thebane90

Aug 22, 2012
    I got this amp but I can't find any information anywhere about the type of footswitch it takes. Everything I've found says to use a FS-22 switch and then mod it to a FS-36 by using a 4 conductor wire to a female XLR connector. The problem is my amp doesn't use XLR for the footswitch. There are 2 quarter inch jacks for this purpose.

Does anyone have any information about this amp? Even Carvin doesn't have any user guides. I think this amp was made around '83, but I really have no way of confirming this.

Thanks.

2. will33

will33

May 22, 2006
    austin,tx
    http://www.carvinmuseum.com/

Used to gig a PB500. #?&!'$* great amp. Way ballsier then the redlines that followed. I know during those runs of amps they used the same footswitch for both of them, plus some guitar amps. Carvin model "F-22" or "FS-22". Probably still use the same footswitch for some stuff today. Call them on the phone. Probably a standard footswitch like is used for channel switching on a Marshall or something.

3. thebane90

thebane90

Aug 22, 2012
    Do you remember the footswitch on yours? Was it XLR or quarter inch?

4. will33

will33

May 22, 2006
    austin,tx
    Never got the footswitch for mine but I believe they were 1/4".

Look through the '80's/early '90's catalog pages here for the ProBass 300.

It should have whatever accessories came with it as well as speakers used.

http://www.carvinmuseum.com/index.shtml

5. will33

will33

May 22, 2006
    austin,tx
    Probably have to find the first year the ProBass 300 came out to find all the details. If they didn't make a big change from one year to the next, they just say something like "this years bass lineup remained unchanged from the previous year" or something like that.