1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Footswitches for Legacy Genz Benz amps

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by agedhorse, Dec 11, 2017.

1. agedhorse

agedhorse SUSPENDED Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 12, 2006
    Davis, CA (USA)
    Development Engineer-Mesa, Product Support-Genz Benz
    Since I have been getting a lot of questions about this, I thought it would be more efficient to answer here that I have re-tooled some of the legacy foot-switches (GBE-600/750/1200, NeoX-400, ShuttleMax 6.0, 12.0, 9.2, 12.2 and Shuttle 6.0, 6.2, 9.0 and 9.2) and have plenty available. I know they are as rare as hen's teeth based on PM's and e-mails I have received. I PM's you back (as many of you as I could find), if I missed you I apologize.

PM me if you are interested and I will get you the necessary information.

JimmyM, Nebula24, jmcrandle and 8 others like this.
  2. abarson

abarson

Nov 6, 2003
    Santa Cruz
    I don't know how many people really understand or appreciate @agedhorse contribution to our bass-centric community. He comes from Genz-Benz, which is no more, and works for Mesa-Boogie now. Yet he still supports us GB owners and to some extent even Tubeworks (which GB acquired ages back). Hats off to this esteemed gentleman and kudos to Mesa for allowing him to expend his time and knowledge on us mere mortals.

MrBass617, revroy, jmcrandle and 16 others like this.
  3. abarson

abarson

Nov 6, 2003
    Santa Cruz
    Got mine and I don't care if the stenciling doesn't match, the switch positions do. And it works! Yeah!

wave rider and agedhorse like this.
  4. Mr. Agedhorse if you have not seen this Thread it was posted in Miscellaneous. Genz Benz footswitch

catcauphonic likes this.
  5. After hitting post on the above I realized that I could just link this Thread into that one. :banghead:
    Just did.

Thank you for all the hard work you do for Bass Players. :thumbsup:

wave rider and catcauphonic like this.
  6. basscooker

basscooker Commercial User

Apr 11, 2010
    cincy ky
    Owner, ChopShopAmps

Agreed.

Just had my Shuttle 3.0 cleaned and had a hiccup cured. Can't say enough kudos for all his contributions, words of wisdom and helpful advice and service to this community.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2017
  7. jnewmark

jnewmark Just wanna play the groove. Supporting Member

Aug 31, 2006
    Stax 1966
    Third St. Cigar Records staff musician.
    By " re-tooled ", do you mean that they were modified in some ways, or just repaired ?

8. Jim C

Jim C Is that what you meant to play or is this jazz? Supporting Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Bethesda, MD
    Amazing
    Andy supports a company that he sold to another company, and that other company won't off support the product they discontinued.
    I can't think of another person / company that would offer this kind of service.
    Restores my faith to see people being this stand up in todays business climate.
    Well done.

wave rider likes this.
  9. agedhorse

Feb 12, 2006
    Davis, CA (USA)
    New old stock sheet metal with the same punching and identical electronics. The screen printing is for a different model of amp (guitar amp).

The Shuttle pedals have been unavailable for several years, I thought that some of you might appreciate having these available based on the many PMs I have received over the last year.

jmcrandle, SoonerBill and wave rider like this.
  10. agedhorse

Feb 12, 2006
    Davis, CA (USA)
    I didn't sell the company, I just designed products for them over the past 20+ years and became good friends with Jeff, Scott and later Roger.

We all shared the common thought that treating customers the way we would like to be treated is a good thing and we are all fortunate that both KMC Music and Fender agreed. That's also part of being able to do the right thing.

revroy, jmcrandle, bucephylus and 4 others like this.
  11. Jim C

Jim C Is that what you meant to play or is this jazz? Supporting Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Bethesda, MD
    I wasn't aware that Jeff, Scott, Roger, KMC, or Fender offered any support for a company that was once called Genz Benz that closed not that long ago.
    If I'm right, that makes you the last man standing and supporting a product line that you didn't own would really be called doing the right thing.

12. agedhorse

Feb 12, 2006
    Davis, CA (USA)
    I may be the last man standing (or at least sitting down), but the service wouldn't be possible without everybody's help and support.

wave rider and bucephylus like this.
  13. bucephylus

bucephylus Supporting Member Commercial User

Aug 18, 2002
    General Manager TecPadz LLC
    Well...I have some other spiffier new amps; but my Shuttle 9.0 is still my daily driver.

wave rider and agedhorse like this.
  14. jmcrandle

jmcrandle

Nov 16, 2008
    I came across this thread as I was searching for a footswitch for my Shuttle 6.2. I ordered the footswitch from Agedhorse, and he sent it quickly. It works exactly as it should. I just re-labeled it and it was good to go. I would definitely recommend purchasing one from him if you need it.

S-Bigbottom, agedhorse and wave rider like this.