1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Footswitches?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by fetfet, Aug 31, 2008.

1. fetfet

fetfet

Apr 13, 2008
    Toronto, ON
    is it possible to use a footswitch for an amp that has a specific footswitch requirements. For example, using an Ampeg Footswitch on a Hartke amp? Would it work?

2. anderbass

anderbass

Dec 20, 2005
    Phoenix. Az.
    Many diferent brands of amps models can indeed share the same foot switches.
    What specific model Ampeg and Hartke amps are you dealing with here?

3. fetfet

fetfet

Apr 13, 2008
    Toronto, ON
    I'm talking about the Ampeg 2-way switch and the Hartke Hydrive 112C amp, and i'd like a footswitch for the distortion and shape, but no-one seems to carry the Hartke footswitch.

4. anderbass

anderbass

Dec 20, 2005
    Phoenix. Az.
    Hartke's site/manual is showing this combos (optional #FS2) dual footswitch pedal uses the standard 1/4" TRS plug just like the Ampeg and quite a few other amps too. I'd feel pretty confident that most any dual latching footswitch pedal with this same style plug would work just fine.

I couldn't find any genuine Hartke brand FS2 pedals for sale online either. If this model required a special pedal you'd think Hartke would of made em avalible somewhere...