for 700-800

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by VoodooChile, Jul 20, 2001.

1. i've got 700 to 800 dollars thats burning a hole in my pocket and i'm looking for a good five, four frettless, or a six string what do you guys think should go for. i want something that's pretty versitile but it dosen't have to be that versatile but something that would be good for jazz, funk, and rock.
  2. Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    i'm going to say this again:
    get whatever floats your boat. If you like a sammick that was revived from a severe gardening accident, that is okay with me, but if you dig it, maybe you should get it.
  3. alembicbones

Nov 10, 2000
    Seattle, WA
    How's about a Conklin GT-7. I just played my first gig with mine tonight and it was a lot of fun.

4. a conklin gt 7 is only 800 dollars i thought they were alot more than that
  5. Kevinlane

Kevinlane Supporting Member

Dec 30, 2000
    Missouri, near Branson
    Get a Reverend Rumblefish.
    They list for about a Grand but you could get one for 7ish for the four and about 850 for the five. I have a five and it has TONE!!!!! It's the first passive bass I have owned for a while. Recording with is has been very successful. The sustain is fantastic. A Big Round Sound!
    The only porblem wiht thes is they aren't a beautiful piece of wood to massage my ego.

Actually they aren't great for poppin', I wonder if great sustain and poppn' are things that contradict each other in instruments that aren't top shelf?
    Anyway my Musicmans' would pop great but the Reverend out sustains them at a lesser price.

Here's one just like mine
  6. Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    i've never run into a Rev. Rumblefish.
  7. notduane

Nov 24, 2000
  8. that would take some getting used to. going from a four string to a seven string.
  9. alembicbones

Nov 10, 2000
    Seattle, WA

I thought the move from 4 to 5 was more of a challenge than 5 to 7. And even that wasn't that bad.

The GT-7 is a very cool exotic bass for the money. You can expand your horizons dramatically, yet still hold down the solid groove. I was skeptical of this bass at the start, but am very happy that it's in my arsenal.

I'll be very surprised if the GT-7 at BassNW lasts very long. Otherwise, you might be able to swing a deal with GC.

10. thanks for the information i have no idea that i could get something like that for 800
  11. RedGrange

Jun 11, 2000
    Springfield, IL
    Get an G&L an L-1505 is 800 bucks at BassNW
  12. seamus

Feb 8, 2001
    If you consider the L-1505, get the L-2500, it's only $100 more than the price above.