for all BTB's haters

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Grunge, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Grunge

Jun 3, 2002
  2. It looks good. I'm a 4'r though but I have a SDGR 5'r and I don't really like that kind of headstock. Those electronics look nice. But I know nothing about wiring or anything. Neat.
  3. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Those are killer! But there is too much competition in that price range. MTD Saratoga(soon!;)), Lakland 55-02, Peavey Cirrus & Millennium, Stingray, Warwick, etc.
  4. The BTB looks nice, but I'd rather play other basses.

And Embellisher, what's this about a new MTD??
  5. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

The Korean successor to the Grendel.

Flame maple top, 2 jazz pickups, active electronics, etc. Super Jazz bass.
  6. sounds delish! i have to check it out.
  7. cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    I played one of those.

IMO they're a good bass. They have a nice well balanced tone, and are easy to play. .(the fretboard was a bit flat for my tastes though)

The Bartolini pickups and electronics are a major improvment to this basses sound quality compared to the older series, but I think there are better sounding basses in that price range, like the Cirrus or Laklands.
  8. Nice......ibanez IMO have the best wood effect finishes
  9. Nice.

I'm looking at the BTB's for a possible 6 string purchase some time next year.
  10. :rolleyes: Looks like Ibanez is just trying to make a bad line of basses look good. Not to say that that isn't a bad bass in particular, but for the price, there are just too many better basses to choose from. No thank you, still an Ibanez hater here.
  11. Intrepid

Oct 15, 2001
  12. Thats the nicest BTB i've seen up to know (and I like BTBs). If they offered a 4-String model of this one I'd be even more interested ( reminder to self: shouldn't even think about it because I just got a new Yamaha)