Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

For all you CT knuts..

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by mark beem, Aug 29, 2005.

1. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
  2. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    *Searches around the cushions in the couch for change*

I guess I'll have to hold off for right now....

3. Gosh!! :eyebrow:
    that hurts!!

4. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    meh....

5. I love that headstock. Very classic.

6. phxlbrmpf

phxlbrmpf

Dec 27, 2002
    Germany
    What's up with the bottom part of the bass? It makes the bass look like an extremely odd tree.

7. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    Typical Carl Thompson construction.

8. LukeMan970

LukeMan970

Jun 22, 2005
    Seattle, WA
    Man if i had the $ i'd buy that in a second, carl always has the best designs in my opinion and he made the best headstock IMO as well.

9. BruceWane

BruceWane

Oct 31, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Aren't most CT's neck-through? I don't think I've ever seen a bolt-on before, not that I'm any kind of CT expert or anything.....

10. Hell, I thought just the opposite! Let's be confused together! :D

11. He does a bit of both. If you go to his website (www.ctbasses.com) you'll see plenty of each. I LOVE his basses, but for that much money I'd just get my own made by the man himself. I'd rather have my own custom-made CT then someone else's. Very nice bass though.

12. BruceWane

BruceWane

Oct 31, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Ah, OK. I guess that the looks of his stuff just gave me the impression that he was a neck-through kinda guy.

Well, I do know that this is not an option. He's no longer taking orders. I read that he was devoting more time to playing, and I guess that he has more orders already pending than he could concievably complete in his lifetime. He's not a young fella.

13. dhuffguitars

dhuffguitars Luthier/Bass Wanker depending on your opinion

Sep 18, 2001
    SPOKANE WA
    He actually does set neck and bolt on, no neck through.

14. spacecanoe

spacecanoe

Aug 6, 2002
    canaduh
    hey look its my good friend darrin! hey d wassup!. thats one of the low point thompsons ta boot! .. the blargh melted bass years..