For all you Fender P Bass guys out there

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Minirehak 212, Nov 17, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Minirehak 212

Minirehak 212

Mar 7, 2015
    Milwaukee
  2. Ghastly

Ghastly

Oct 18, 2015
    Mill Valley
    neat!

3. 2saddleslab

2saddleslab Supporting Member

May 30, 2003
    Kentucky
    Can't warm up to that pick guard so far away from the pickup. I prefer my custom Cab.

4. Agreed! I remember the first time I saw this video:

...and thought the bass looked sweet; except for the fact that the pick guard, in relation to the location of the pickup, looked so odd... like they were just throwing some spare parts together.

I mean, come on... "custom shop?" ...then why not custom cut a pick guard, based on the template of the classic guard they used, that is extended to fit flush with the pup?

Oh, Fender...

P.S. -- ASATMAN... love the pics you post... your basses are VERY CLASSY!!!

jd56hawk, Ghastly and 2saddleslab like this.
  5. 2saddleslab

2saddleslab Supporting Member

May 30, 2003
    Kentucky
    Thanks, much appreciated.

6. Looks nice but I personally love the look of the classic Precision we all know and drool over.

That sexy split-coil surrounded by a unique-looking pickguard with an unbeatable sound and tone..........

quickfix likes this.
  7. Ghastly

Ghastly

Oct 18, 2015
    Mill Valley
    I completely agree. What's the point of calling it "Custom" if it only is sometimes? That's the one hangup I had with this model, too. The pickup/guard relationship is just odd to my eyes.

8. ScarfFace

ScarfFace Supporting Member

Aug 23, 2014
    La Crosse WI
    I've played these many times at Daves Guitar Shop and just haven't been impressed. It seems every time they sell one, it shows back up in the shop a few months later too.

9. mpdd

mpdd neoconceptualist

Mar 24, 2010
    LA
    kinda like them with no pg

10. ScarfFace

ScarfFace Supporting Member

Aug 23, 2014
    La Crosse WI
    Funny, I said this back in November and now I have one...

image.jpeg

And it's an exceptional bass. I played it today at church and got compliments on the tone from people who never notice that sort of thing.

11. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 23, 2021