For all you filter freaks

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by TaySte_2000, Dec 9, 2004.

1. TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
  2. I want them ALL!!!

I only have 5 filters...not enough.

Great link.
  3. TalktoSamson

Dec 7, 2004
    Rather naive when it comes to effects...What is a filter designed to do to the sound?
    Thanks...I'm new :help:
  4. Peik

Dec 2, 2004
    Really cool stuff. Nice site to get an overview of whats out there. The link is added to my favorits thanks.
  5. Hard to bet is to go to that site, click on one that has audio samples and give it a listen.
  6. DaveAceofBass

DaveAceofBass Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2004
    Charlotte, NC
    Okay, so which filter is around $300 or less, not ridiculously big so it can fit on stage, is good for live performance, is currently in production and available, sounds close to as good as the Mu-Tron III, and doesn't kill your lows?
  7. prismacolor2

Nov 6, 2003
    Easy (for me anyway)

The MAXON AF-9 : Size of a Boss pedal, built like a tank, greasier and more controllable than a Mu-Tron III, will not rob you of bottom end, True Bypass, runs off of any standard 9v power source, GREAT for live performance, cost: $179.00

I have a Meatball, Mu-Tron, Uni-Tron V, Mu-Tron Micro V, Q-Trons, Bass micro synth, you name it. I have or have had them all. The AF-9 is the Slayer if you ask me.
  8. cosmicevan

Feb 1, 2003
    New York
    amazing site, thank you!

current filters...
    electrix filter factory
    moog theramin
    mf 101
    eh mini-qtron

and just added the MuRF!!! MF-105 (absolutely incredible!!!)
  9. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    That review was interesting but they left out the Maxon AF-9 and the EBS IQ, I've heard raves about both. Does anyone have any experience comparing THESE TWO PEDALS!
    Steve B
  10. andrewd

Sep 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    damn, ive only got the DOD FX-25B and Digitech.
  11. troll

Aug 31, 2000
    Chicago area
    Isn't the line6 fm4 an option for doing mutron, and well, lots of others... It's under 3 bills too. I've been eyeing one for awhile. Seemed clean enough when I tried one out at the store.

12. shwashwa

Aug 30, 2003
    can someone explain to me what the difference is between the ebs bass iq and a q tron? are they different versions of the same thing or do they have differences? thanks.
  13. The Pig of course - it's brand new @ $220. It's Mu-Tron meets UniVibe. But because it's an Envelope and a Phaser, they have it listed in the Phaser section [under Envelope Phaser].
  14. haujobb

Dec 16, 2004
    Anyone looking to get started with filters should check out the Ibanez Bass Synth and Digitech Synth Wah, they don't have all the complicated settings of the more advanced - and expensive - models and you can still get some good sounds out of them.

I loves my SB7 :hyper: