1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

For all you Long Island Peavey fans out there...

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by Buskman, Jul 23, 2012.

1. Buskman

Buskman

Apr 13, 2007
    Jersey Shore, USA
    I'll let the ad speak for itself:

http://longisland.craigslist.org/msg/3156023628.html

Pretty good deal, I'd say - and I even liked the fact that the seller is willing to negtiate on the $200 price! :cool:

Not sure if it's still even available, but worth investigating for someone. If I was able to make it up to the Island I'd be two Benjamins poorer! :D

Get on it, TB'ers... good luck!

2. glenb73

glenb73

Dec 18, 2010
    How is this a great deal? They cost $240 brand new.

3. ubnomnar

ubnomnar Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2009
    So Cal
    That's a Peavey USA Millennium... not the BXP import that you are thinking of.

[​IMG]

This looks to be the plus model with the flamed top and Ultralite tuners. Too bad they're 35" scale.

They usually sell for $400 and up on TalkBass.

This looks to be an amazing deal :bassist:

4. brotherbassj

brotherbassj

Sep 20, 2008
    Virginia
    Jim Dunlop USA, King Kong Cases, Golden Eagle Energy Drink
    Someone go get this or ship it to me.....lol

5. glenb73

glenb73

Dec 18, 2010
    I sent the seller 2 emails and got no response at all....typical for CL....

6. glenb73

glenb73

Dec 18, 2010
    I finally got a response and they told me it was sold...they said..'the "Base" has been sold'. Anyone that spells it "base" instead of "bass" is usually someone you can't trust too well

7. Buskman

Buskman

Apr 13, 2007
    Jersey Shore, USA
    ...or you could just be dealing with someone who doesn't know much about bass (base) guitars & is therefore selling a US made Peavey Millennium for $200... Hence, the posting of the link in the 'Hot Deals' section. ;)

I figured that one wouldn't last long... Someone apparently got a sweet (hot) deal!

8. seang15

seang15

Aug 28, 2008
    Cary NC
    Missed this deal. The horror, the horror.

9. smcd

smcd

Jun 28, 2009
    Boston, MA
    Usually it's someone who isn't a musician - the best person to buy from. Case in point....

Someone on this site bought that Millennium. For $150. That is an insane deal for a US Millennium Plus. I've played $2,000 basses that don't compare to a USMill+.