1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

For anyone else curious about the Fembot's status

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Shroom, Sep 18, 2008.

1. Shroom

Shroom

Dec 12, 2006
    I e-mailed Brain at Subdecay about the Fembot to see when it would be coming out and whatnot. Here's the scoop, in case any of the rest of you are curious:

Brian Marshall <brian@subdecay.com>

It will probably be about the same as the prometheus.

Brian

Shroom wrote:
    I see. Any idea of what the price will be?

-------------- Original message from Brian Marshall
    <brian@subdecay.com>: --------------

The Fembot was scheduled for Fall 2008, not summer. I am pretty sure there is no way we will have it done before december at this point. It's quite likely that we will get the F-bomb out this year, but I think all our other new stuff will probably be debuted at namm.

Brian

Shroom wrote:

Hey! I'm just a bass player eagerly awaiting the production model of the Fembot pedal. I heard it was supposed to be ready this summer, but since that didn't happen I'm wondering what the status on it is..?

Thanks for any info you can provide!
    -Jake

2. Well, at least there's no frustration about it.

3. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    The status of mine is it's sat on my board at home quite happily :D

The problem Subdecay has was the demand for the new line was greater than expected so when the Echo Box came out the demand was so large is pushed the Prometheus back and same has happened with the Prometheus and both those pedals and the Fembot are very complex builds so getting the staff trained on producing them quickly but to the usual Subdecay quality is very time consuming

4. Shroom

Shroom

Dec 12, 2006
    I see. I've been putting off buying a Sinister Analogue Soul Provider in anticipation of trying out or hearing more clips of one of these things, but I'm not sure if I wanna continue to wait... :confused:

5. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    Completely different pedals, I take it you've heard my clips of both pedals? If not check the wiki

6. Shroom

Shroom

Dec 12, 2006
    Yup. Judging from what I remember from your clips, they seem moderately similar. They can both do crunchy, chaotic, and kinda synthish fuzz, but I remember the Fembot being more glitchy and a little gurgly. I had had my mind set on the SA SP already, but I decided to wait and see if the production model of the Fembot turned out to be any more controllable.