For anyone in the Detroit area....

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Bad Brains, May 23, 2004.

1. Bad Brains

Bad Brains Banned

Jan 7, 2004
    Detroit, michigan
    I'm sure this could also apply to other locations.....

But what has been up with this weather, this is like the 4th straight day of this muggy thick weather and heavy thunderstorms. I'm really enjoying this to be honest, i like thunderstorms.
  2. thrash_jazz

Jan 11, 2002
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Artist: JAF Basses, Circle K Strings
    Wow, that is pretty unusual isn't it?

I lived in the area for 4 years; storms seemed to come and go pretty quickly. They usually turned up whenever I rode my bike. :help:
  3. Coutts_is_god

Coutts_is_god Guest

Dec 29, 2003
    Windsor, Ont, Canada
    I Live across the river :D

O yeah last night was crazy rain and wind. On friday I was acually pretty nervous. See I was at school and I had to walk to my bus. It was getting really dark. so I jumped on the bus. I thought "No big deal just a little storm" So the sky was black and blue behind the school. The bus drives infront of the school. The sky was green the truned yellow. Thats when I got really nervous.
  4. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Yeah, it only storms at night too. It's like "Oh, it's time to go to bed, it's storming." Very strange.
  5. RicPlaya

Apr 22, 2003
    Whitmoretucky MI
    Global warming or something. I mean we get storms but this year is unnatural. Crazy storms, it's flooding everywhere, power outages, tornados, I think im going to build an Arc.
  6. fastplant

Sep 26, 2002
    Yup, in CT we'll have one nice day then a week and a half of grey, gloomy and rainy weather then one nice day and another week and a half of gloom. It's making everyone I know depressed. It sucks. Plus it makes people not want to go out at night which is killing our crowds.
  7. Coutts_is_god

Coutts_is_god Guest

Dec 29, 2003
    Windsor, Ont, Canada
    OH NO!!!!
    Its the day after tomrrow!!!!!
  8. bassturtle

Apr 9, 2004
    Well, I'm in Omaha, and we just crawled out of the basement about 30 mins ago. Tornados + Flash flooding = good times. Looks like this is going to be a long summer...greeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaat :meh:
  9. malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    :( Wellllllllllll....... :(

Just got an email from the drummer / band leader of the band I just hooked up with.......his basement has 2" of water......we have our first gig (freebie...,a graduation party) Sunday......guess where a lot of our gear is?.........

I'll probably get off easy, since I just have one of my cabs there and it's on coasters, but the guitarist and the keyboard player have their amps their too, and they're flat on the floor.

If push comes to shove, they can probably go direct through the PA. But then I have to be concerned with how the drums fared in all this.

10. Well, things seem to have settled down a bit now...still cooler than I would expect/prefer for the end of May though. It's spring semester; I should be seeing beautiful scantily-clad women everywhere, but they're still all bundled up! :mad:

I never lost power or anything, but the storms did scare the living hell out of me a couple times because tornados are one of the few things I have any significant fear of :crying: I saw one almost form on Friday just after getting out of class; I saw stuff blowing in a circle in the frighteningly dark green (!) sky a short distance from the building I was holed up in (which had an entire wall made up entirely of windows, naturally). Thankfully nothing came up that aside from buckets of rain; apparently the phenomenon is called "rotating wall clouds," which are the usual precursors to tornadoes. [shudder]

I wasn't affected by flooding except on the trapped once in an area by two floods and two one-way streets, both going toward me. My car is low to the ground, so I followed another guy the wrong way up one of the streets and right into the path of a cop car...I turned quickly into a driveway and he didn't notice me :D

James, that's awful about the flooding...I hope the damage turned out not to be as bad as it sounds :(
  11. RicPlaya

Apr 22, 2003
    Whitmoretucky MI
    Yeah when the sky turns green your screwed. I seen that three times and every time it's been very bad. My girlfriend works at Univ of Michigan Hospital and noticed the same thing with the clouds. She said the rain was almost flying upward...weird. Glad you made it, it sucks about the weather I was looking forward to seeing the honeys with the summer gear on. :eyebrow:
  12. ZonPlyr

Apr 29, 2003
    Pasadena, CA
    Well I'm up here in East Lansing right across the street from that other school in Michigan. This weather has certainly taken the fun out of my lunch hour. We have been pounded by storms this last week. At one point last week we had 3 inches of rain in 1 hour. 3 tornados last week to boot. It may be the end of the world as we know it. :)
  13. what's that? LCC? cooley law? :D

i'm flying back to grand rapids tonight! i can't wait to go home!