1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

For anyone that loves vintage fretless with $7000 to burn

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BigFetus, Oct 23, 2009.

1. BigFetus

BigFetus

Jun 12, 2009
  2. jpfbass

jpfbass

Sep 28, 2009
    Chicago
    I wouldn't either, that things looks BEASTLY!!

3. BigFetus

BigFetus

Jun 12, 2009
    dude... its got a wooden pickguard with a see through body? that would kill.

4. Little steep in the $$$ dept. 22 minutes left; doesn't look like anybody's tripping over themselves to buy it...

...neat looking bass, but not 7K worth of neat...

5. I've got a feeling that bass will remain in the seller's inventory just like the OVER PRICED Rickenbackers & Gibsons he had posted several time before. :rollno:

6. BigFetus

BigFetus

Jun 12, 2009
    WHEN WILL THEY LEARN?!???

7. NEVER!! They're waiting for that big old fish to come up for air and get a nice sharp hook stuck in its mouth. I'd really be surprised if it sold for that amount.

This seller has thier wadders on and speculating to high heaven!

8. Jjango

Jjango

Nov 16, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    Not wood, it's that fake glue-on stuff they used on 1970s countertops, furniture and stereos. I think they call it formica.

9. mongo2

mongo2

Feb 17, 2008
    Da Shaw
    Yup Formica.

10. Yup, nothing says circa Brady Bunch, like good old formica.

11. taygunov

taygunov Guest

May 8, 2008
    One has to wander what the tone of glass would sound like...

12. It's plastic (plexiglass). Or Lucite. Not glass.

13. Having owned an original fretted version, I wouldn't pay more than $700 for it. They sound OK, they aren't TOO heavy, the neck has an ODD feel to it and the wooden bridge is hokey. Other than that, they are at best..........OK :cool:

14. it is a piece of crap bass my friend has one and it is just a knock around piece

15. Given the density of glass, at traditional body thickness, I'd guess it would be pretty darn heavy.

16. Saint

Saint

Mar 2, 2000
    DC - USA
    If you're willing to pay $7000 for that, I'd be willing to sell you my Alembic Dragonwing Custom for a mere $20,000. :)

17. Not really, there's a lot of meat milled out of the cavity. I would guess 11lbs max. Plexi isn't THAT heavy. It just does NOTHING for the sound, IMHO.

18. Getaway Driver

Getaway Driver

May 31, 2009
    Omaha, NE
    an authentic dan armstrong? I have a feeling he would think differently. There are a lot of knock-offs.

19. Getaway Driver

Getaway Driver

May 31, 2009
    Omaha, NE
    plexi's density should do a lot for sustain.... like the granite guitar that leo fender experimented with.

20. It's not the sort of Bass you buy for a player - you buy it to look cool 'n' "rootsy" in your next video shoot...