1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

For Aussies - Peak Audio Power Amps?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by scottlee, Apr 8, 2004.

1. scottlee

scottlee

Feb 17, 2003
    I was looking through the latest specials brochure for Venue music (Sydney) and saw these interesting power amps - Peak Audio UL (Ultralight). Looks like an Australian company but don't know if they are made in Australia.

Their lowest price model was 1000w at $999Aus but the best part is that it weighed in at 11kg !!! Not much more than a QSC PLX. I am very interested. The higher power models go up in price and weight so this is the one I am interested in. They use switch mode power supplies. At last a light weight power amp that even i could afford - they are usually $1700.

Anyone seen and heard these in the flesh?

2. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    Ive heard of them, ive seen add in the Magazine "Audio & Technology" but i cant say ive ever played one.

3. `ash

`ash

Feb 26, 2004
    Melbourne
    I have not seen or heard of these before.
    Id love to know more about them.

4. peak audio are the folks behind cobranet, which is a digital audio networking protocol. they're pretty technically proficient, in other words. and, yes, they're australian. i'm curious about a lightweight amp from them. i wonder what it sounds like and looks like.
    robb.

5. scottlee

scottlee

Feb 17, 2003
    Heres what it looks like - very 'Green' like all there other products!