Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

For Aussies - Peak Audio Power Amps?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by scottlee, Apr 8, 2004.

1. scottlee

scottlee

Feb 17, 2003
    I was looking through the latest specials brochure for Venue music (Sydney) and saw these interesting power amps - Peak Audio UL (Ultralight). Looks like an Australian company but don't know if they are made in Australia.

Their lowest price model was 1000w at $999Aus but the best part is that it weighed in at 11kg !!! Not much more than a QSC PLX. I am very interested. The higher power models go up in price and weight so this is the one I am interested in. They use switch mode power supplies. At last a light weight power amp that even i could afford - they are usually $1700.

Anyone seen and heard these in the flesh?

2. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    Ive heard of them, ive seen add in the Magazine "Audio & Technology" but i cant say ive ever played one.

3. `ash

`ash

Feb 26, 2004
    Melbourne
    I have not seen or heard of these before.
    Id love to know more about them.

4. peak audio are the folks behind cobranet, which is a digital audio networking protocol. they're pretty technically proficient, in other words. and, yes, they're australian. i'm curious about a lightweight amp from them. i wonder what it sounds like and looks like.
    robb.

5. scottlee

scottlee

Feb 17, 2003
    Heres what it looks like - very 'Green' like all there other products!