Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

? For Bergantino Owners

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bassjigga, Oct 11, 2005.

1. bassjigga

bassjigga

Aug 6, 2003
    Have any of you guys noticed a noisy high frequency horn in your Bergs? Or is it just me? I have an HT322 and it sounds like (for lack of a better description) an air leak. It seems to be coming from the horn because if I turn the attenuator all the way down, the cab is dead quiet. Any thoughts? Is that just normal noise? Or is there something wrong?

2. maurilio

maurilio Musician - Owner at Mo's Shop - Tech at Nordstrand Supporting Member

May 25, 2003
    Studio City+Redlands, CA
    Endorsing artist: Nordstrand - Genzler Amplification - Sadowsky - Dunlops Strings - DR Strings
    Hi,
    the best thing would be to call Jim himself, or email him.
    He's very nice and helpful.
    www.bergantino.com

'nice day

Mo'

3. I'd look to the amp for the source of the problem. Speakers and horns only reproduce what's going into them. It's very unlikely that the problem is the driver itself.

4. bassjigga

bassjigga

Aug 6, 2003
    Ok so I tried powering up my amp connected to the cab with no bass or cable connected to it and everything sounds quiet. I doubt it's my Zon electronics. Could it just be cheap instrument cable?

5. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    I've never noticed it, but then again, my Berg doesn't have a tweeter!

6. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    Never had any problems with either of mine.

7. DaveDeVille

DaveDeVille ... you talkin' to me ?? Supporting Member

mine is dead quiet ... never had any problems at all .

i wonder if it has the original horn ?
    did you buy it used , by any chance ?

or , maybe it is just a cheap cable after all ...

8. bassjigga

bassjigga

Aug 6, 2003
    No I bought it new... never abused it or anything. I think I'm going to pick up a couple good cables and see if that cures it. That's really the only weak link in my signal chain. Top quality basses, amp, and cab...

9. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    It definitely sounds like something other than the tweeter in your HT322. Try new cables, and try firing it up in another room (on a different AC circuit). Just for kicks, do you have another bass to try? Your Zon might have a loose ground connection somewhere.

Good luck, Tom.