1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

For everyone using a USB interface

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by projectMalamute, May 3, 2010.

1. You are going to need one of these things:

[​IMG]

It's a high end audiophile USB cable. Winner of the 2009 PFO Brutus award.

Listen to what some guy has to say:

Not clear if it is in fact danceable, but I'm assuming it is.

Starting at $2849 for 3FT.

I'm not making this stuff up:

http://locus-design.com/cynosure_usb.html

2. Rubbish

3. Ha Ha...USB cable caries digital data. It's a Binary system, either pass or fail - there's no in-betweens. I'll bet the 99c usb cables I buy at the dollar tree are every bit as good!

4. MooseLumps

MooseLumps Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2007
    Portland
    I wonder if you get a tube interface for it if it would warm up the system...

or if you need power tubes to get the full experience.

5. Jonyak

Jonyak

Oct 2, 2007
    Ottawa, Ont
    DoubleFacePalm.

6. MonetBass

MonetBass ♪ Just listen ♫ Supporting Member

Sep 15, 2006
    Tulsa, OK
    P. T. Barnum is smiling in his grave.

7. MooseLumps

Nov 4, 2007
    Portland
    Fix'd

8. TheMutt

TheMutt Guest

Apr 28, 2007
    [​IMG]

...seriously?
    The award must have been for the most genius way to sucker stupid audiophile-tards out of their hard-earned money.
    PFO Brutus award: Et Tu Brute?

9. seamonkey

seamonkey

Aug 6, 2004
    At least it's good for a laugh :)

Looks very like a standard USB cable stuck in a sleeve with heat shrink on the ends.

http://cableorganizer.com/wire-management/

Now all they need to do - is the same thing anybody with some wild supernatural claim - is show some measurements. Do some double blind tests. Prove it!

Otherwise - if they sell any - they're going to quickly find that somebody else will be selling something that looks the same - but much cheaper. I think I'll make a few. Make a few for Cat 5 and HDMI while I'm at it. :(

10. bongomania

bongomania Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Awesome. I will be adding this to the "Snake Oil" posts on my blog. I'm genuinely impressed at the sheer balls of the maker, and the astonishing brainlessness of his customers.

11. MooseLumps

Nov 4, 2007
    Portland
    BUT... It sounds better... It's all thick and stuff... Gold tips!!!

It's "dimensionally sweet with such a gorgeous mid-range"!!!

How can you argue!!! Features!!!

12. Craig_S

Craig_S Banned

Oct 15, 2008
    Metro Detroit
    You must understand the midrange zeros and ones are quite different from the high and low range sort.

13. MIJ-VI

MIJ-VI Banned Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2009
    And the best part of stuff like this? It's pitched to 'smart' people.

14. Zombbg4

Zombbg4

Jul 15, 2008
    Olympia,Wa
    Ha, and looks like he's got a new way to sucker people out of their money. He now offers a 30 trial period and if you dont like it, or in his words " if for some odd reason it does not perform as expected in your system", you can return it for a refund. Oh, minus a 20% restocking fee. Lets see, carry the 3....that's about 570 bucks in his pocket to "restock", which I'm guessing means repackage and send off to the next fool with more money than brains. There isn't a face palm picture out there that's significant enough for this....

15. Sendaii

Sendaii

Nov 15, 2009
    Newcastle, UK
    Does anyone actually buy these things? If anyone could tell me where they live, I have a very nice bridge to sell them, mint condition, hardly used :D

16. Kragma

Kragma

Nov 7, 2009
    Ashland, Ky
    I'm sure people do buy them, I mean monster cable has managed to sell people $120 HDMI cables for a while now, while you can get the same thing for $3 elsewhere.

And I thought the Denon link cable was bad.

http://www.usa.denon.com/productdetails/3429.asp

This is a normal Cat-5 network cable. Digital connections either work or they don't; you can't really make them better than "works".

17. The bigger scam is that barring a manufacturing defect, the cable should work "as expected" if the signal gets through, so consumers won't get a refund unless the cable does not work "as expected".

18. fokof

fokof One day ,I'll be in the future

Mar 16, 2007
    Here
    Is there such a thing as a Really good quality USB interface?

I'll buy this cable for a USB interface that has cheap D/A convertion and listen to 96K MP3 stuff. :rollno:

19. Kragma

Kragma

Nov 7, 2009
    Ashland, Ky
    Except the 20% restock fee means you're out $600 or so regardless.

20. David1234

David1234

Jun 1, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Endorsing Artist: SWR Amplifiers
    This was posted to the web on April 1, perhaps?