For Sale FOR FREE - Dusterdan’s 2nd Annual Holiday Giveaway - Fully Setup Glarry Precision W/ Gig Bag & UPS!!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by dusterdan70, Nov 24, 2021.

1. dusterdan70

dusterdan70 Supporting Member

Feb 24, 2014
    So Cal
    Price:
    Strings:
    United States
    Last year, I was able to sell a bass body for charity:
    SOLD - Laser Etched Paisley 51’ Slab Telecaster Precision Bass Loaded Body - BIG PRICE DROP - FOR CHARITY!!. It was fulfilling to be able to spread a little holiday cheer, and I’d like to do it again!

This year, I’d like to raffle off a beast of a beginner’s p-bass, a Glarry Precision! These full 34” scale bad boys arrive stateside with generally very little attention to finishing detail, but have some good things going for them like decent quality woods, light weight, and usable hardware. I got ahold of this one a few months back, and have put a few hours into it on the bench. The result….a fantastic playing and sounding precision style bass that is sure to please! Sure it’s got a few love taps, but they’re strictly cosmetic.

It’s had frets dressed, polished, a stew mac shim installed in the neck pocket, and the fretboard cleaned and oiled. Also strung with new Rotosound rounds! This bass friggin smokes now for what it is, and is within all Fender specs, and get this…. weighs only 6 1/2lbs!!!! I’m even going to throw in a nice backpack style gigbag, AND i’m going to pay for the shipping to get this to your lower 48 doorstep! ALL FOR FREE!

Interested?
    • I’d like to see this go to an aspiring musician or somebody going through a hardship, perhaps somebody without the resources needed to break into our low end life etc.
    • If you fit the bill, or know somebody that deserves this bass for the Holidays, send me a PM with a name and address.
    • On Sunday December 12th, I will put all entry names into a hat and pick one at random.
    • I’ll reach out via PM to let the winner know (i’ll also post the winner’s username on this thread), and then follow up with a UPS tracking number.
    • NOTE: I can’t ship to any P.o. boxes since it’s going UPS, and am only offering this to the lower 48 residents

Let’s do some good on TB this Holiday season! Best wishes and good luck! -Dan

Attached Files:

2. Thud Staff

Thud Staff Supporting Member

Jan 2, 2017
    Houston TX
    Kudos, for a wonderful act of kindness!

oldandbold, 6tzguy and BEADG63 like this.
  3. ladybug

ladybug Supporting Member

Apr 14, 2007
    USA
    Very kind of you:thumbsup:

6tzguy and dusterdan70 like this.
  4. Auggieinks

Auggieinks

Aug 31, 2021
    SoCal
    We need a world of people like you. That'd be about as good as it'd get

DrThumpenstein and dusterdan70 like this.
  5. lbbc

lbbc Supporting Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Seaford , DE
    That's a very kind thing to do. Thanks for this undertaking.

dusterdan70 likes this.
  6. JLY

JLY Supporting Member Supporting Member

I agree with all the above.
    Kudos to you!!!

7. nasonm

nasonm

Jan 28, 2004
    Bangor, ME
    Wish I could "LOVE" this post instead of just "LIKE"

8. Gustopher

Gustopher Supporting Member

Jul 30, 2018
    SWVA
    Well done good sir.

9. Chop11777

Chop11777 Supporting Member

Jul 22, 2016
    South carolina
    Rock on Dan !!!!!!!

10. dusterdan70

Feb 24, 2014
    So Cal
    Thanks Chop!! Hoping this bad boy gets to help somebody make music, again :bassist:

Chop11777 likes this.
  11. DrThumpenstein

DrThumpenstein Living for the groove Supporting Member

Feb 8, 2015
    St Louis, MO
    Great going Dan! THAT’S true holiday spirit!

dusterdan70 likes this.
  12. DrThumpenstein

DrThumpenstein Living for the groove Supporting Member

Feb 8, 2015
    St Louis, MO
    Bumping this thread just hoping it’ll get more traction and some names for the hat. Good luck with the raffle!

dusterdan70 likes this.
  13. dusterdan70

Feb 24, 2014
    So Cal
    I appreciate you Dr! I’m thoroughly convinced TB is full of folks hoping to see this go to a deserving home….that being said, I haven’t received a single claim! I can’t even give away a Glarry:roflmao:

Don’t be shy folks, this axe is ready to rock for the Holidays! Still another week left for the drawing:thumbsup:

14. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Dec 7, 2021