? for G&L L-2500

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BASSnSAX, Aug 17, 2001.

1. Yes

22 vote(s)
  2. No

1 vote(s)
  1. Does anyone know if the G&L L-2500 is a 34" or 35" Neck? If it has Anchors/Bushings for the screws inside the control cavity? If it has a punchy low B? The string Spacing? Last time I played an L series I played an L-2000 three years ago so I can't really recall...
  2. EString

Nov 20, 2000
    Los Altos, CA
    The L-2500 has a 34" scale.
  3. Bob Gollihur

Bob Gollihur GollihurMusic.com

Mar 22, 2000
    New Joisey Shore
    Big Cheese Emeritus: Gollihur Music
    34" scale, don't think it had bushings for the control cavity screws (been a couple years since I sold mine), the B is ok, average tightness, 11/16" string spacing at the bridge.

I had one of the later L-2500 basses; a few years ago they slightly downsized the body (very slightly) which makes it a little lighter, but it's still a heavy bass. You can recognize newer/older from 3+2/4+1 headstocks.

I'd recommend it as a very versatile bass.
  4. CaptainWally

CaptainWally Supporting Member

Oct 21, 2000
    Sandy Eggo, CA
    highly recommended, though i slightly prefer
    the stingray 5. G&L more versatile. VERY
    nice bass. Bass Northwest (bassnw.com)
    is having their neverending sale on G&L's
    right now and i think u can pick one up
    for under 1000....
  5. boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    The G&L L2500 is, without a doubt, the finest bass that I couldn't wait to get rid of! I bought a brand new blueburst with a maple neck in '99 and thought it played and sounded great. It also offers a ton of tonal options. But I could just not warm up to the thing no matter how I tried. Not sure why and I mean that honestly. Everyone else seems to love 'em. Go figure. I greatly prefer the Stingray 5 in every way.
  6. RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    You're not alone in these sentiments. I've tried and tried and tried some more to like 'em, but just can't. I don't know exactly what it is, but they're just not for me, either.

I'm sure there are others out there like us;)
  7. Every bass has a "vibe" for every player, if you sit down and play it and it just isn't right, move on to another. Play everything in the store, the one you can't put down, get it.

I have a G&L L-2500, swamp ash top finished in sunburst, maple neck. I also own 5 other basses (Musicman stingray, Steinberger XM, Fender Cali series, Peavey axcelerator, Aria Steve Bailey) and I am always going to the G&L. I love the tones, the quality, the "vibe" which works for me.

Many threads have been done on this bass, read them all, play one, choose well.
  8. EString

Nov 20, 2000
    Los Altos, CA
    As I always say, FORSFYD!!!
  9. Well sorry but I don't think I'm considering the L-2500...heavy basses aren't for me, even tho I'm a big guy...