1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

For LOCAL Sale - SWR Henry the 8x8 (with some issues)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by blastjv, Apr 30, 2010.

1. blastjv

blastjv

Jan 8, 2010
    Philly Area
    This actually belongs to my guitarist. It's an older SWR Henry the 8x8. I don't know the age, or if it's 'pre' anything, so if there's a way to tell, let me know and I'll check for you. He was given this by a friend of his, with a bunch of blown and some replacement speakers in it. It has 3 original working speakers in it now, and one that is working but farting. There are 2 other speakers that have ripped cones (think those are non-original) that you can take if you want to try re-coning them. He used it for recording in his home studio and got some surprisingly great sounds out of it.

The Cabinet itself it in good shape, no rips or anything in the carpeting. Still has the grille. Pretty sure the Tweeter is fine, but he hasn't check that out in a while. I'll update when I know for sure about the tweeter.

We thought about replacing all the speakers, or about replacing the baffle and making a 2x15 or 1x12 bass cabinet, but really don't have time for any projects like that.

Really not sure what to ask for this one. If you're in the Philadelphia area and want to come check it out, the Cabinet is at my guitarist's house in Abington. Let's say $150???

Let me know what you think...

-John

2. blastjv

blastjv

Jan 8, 2010
    Philly Area
    Anyone local interested in this?

-John

3. You must post a price per forum rules.