1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

For MB Multiamp Users Past&Present

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Acoustic356, Mar 1, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Acoustic356

Acoustic356 Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2014
    Earth
    I know there is a thread about the MB Multiamp already, but I wanted to create a place for people that have already used the amp to have a moment to discuss their thoughts on the product.

I have been looking to purchase one for a while... and things aligned so that I could trade and get one.

First thoughts?

• The manual really could be better. So much so, that I'm thinking about doing a video tutorial that explains how to use this head.
    • It's not really designed for the casual user. The way some of the parameters are set up (for example compression) - if you're not overly familiar with the terms or how to set these up it can be a little daunting.
    Funny story?
    There are 2 different presets banks that contain identical patches. As I understand it, one has cabinet sims in it and the other doesn't.

I accidentally, selected the bank with cabinet sims. My bass sounded horrible. I changed the batteries... changed the strings... but once you get a weird tone in your brain it's hard to get rid of it.

I changed cabs (should have changed heads)... it took a moment and I figured it all out.

Overall, I dig it... plan on spending a lot of time with it in the next month or so before I consider taking it to a gig tho.

To the people that had them and sold them or the people that have kept them... what are your thoughts?

2. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
  3. mam1862

mam1862 Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2008
    Northfield, Ohio
    The manual sucks. I found a few videos online that got me thru. The rest was trial and error. The hardest thing was programming the Midi pedal but now that I did that I am just trying to fine tune the effects that I like to use. I love the amp and the concept behind it. The biggest problem is trying to dial in is the volume change from one effect to the other. It's tough in a live setting.

4. Acoustic356

Jul 3, 2014
    Earth
    I think there are 2 settings, one is manual mode and I forget the other....

1 allows the EQ to not change when you change presets. The other allows the volume to remain constant.

I am pretty sure my patches stay at the same volume when I change them. I will double check when I get in studio his afternoon.

5. mam1862

mam1862 Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2008
    Northfield, Ohio
    I will look at that. I thought I had it set on manual. That would be great if the volume didn't change going from patch to patch. Let me know. Thx.

6. Was there any definate answer to the manual and normal settings?

7. Acoustic356

Jul 3, 2014
    Earth
    I don't remember... unfortunately, I no longer have the amp...

8. Oh ok..Thanks..I'll figure it out/