1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

For Sale 1972 Gibson EB-2D 335 Style Bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by waynearcuri, Mar 19, 2013.

1. waynearcuri

waynearcuri

Feb 3, 2013
    1969 Gibson EB2-2D 335 semi-hollow body in Mint condition w/ OHSC in Mint Condition in Very Rare Walnut finish. Gibson only made 12 of this model in Walnut. $3850 plus shipping. Photos upon request via email. Serious inquiries only Please. Thank you Payment by cleared personal or cashiers/bank check only.OK all after a very extensive search I discovered that the walnut finish on the EB2 bass was only made in 1969 with the serial# 625590.On Moday there was a show on TV about a Les Paul that Les Paul owned. They talked about Gibson serial #'s and in fact the 1st and fifth number in this number indicates the year it was made. So the 1st is a 6 and the fifth is a 9= made in 1969

Attached Files:

2. Nathan Levine

Nathan Levine Supporting Member

Apr 25, 2008
    Anchorage, AK
    Where is the bass located?

3. Baird6869

Baird6869 RIP Gord Downey. A True Canadian Icon. Supporting Member

What is the scale length?

4. waynearcuri

waynearcuri

Feb 3, 2013
    Good Day All...The scale length is 21 inches from nut to fingerboard end...Guitar is located in Western North Carolina...Another Talkbass fellow said Gibson only made 12 of these basses in Walnut and they were all made in 1969..I tried to get info from Gibson but they gave me a range so I took the last year as not to misrepresent but it may have in fact been made in 1969...I can sent more photos if email address provided..Thanks for the interest....Regards Wayne

5. AndyCotton

AndyCotton Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2008
    Guilford, VT
    Ouch. What a beauty.

6. MaddAnthony_59

MaddAnthony_59 Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2006
    Columbus, IN
    I Channel Surf During Commercials. (Drives my Wife CRAZY!!!)
    What is the measurement to the 12th fret?

7. pgpunkguy

pgpunkguy

Mar 19, 2013
    that thing is hot... GLWS!

8. waynearcuri

waynearcuri

Feb 3, 2013
    Good Day MaddAnthony & others..From the front of the nut to the 12 fret measures 15 inches.From the nut to the bridge is 30 inches....The photos don't do this bass justice...It is mint and beautiful.....Wayne

9. roscoebeck

roscoebeck

Jun 16, 2012
    Gibson EB2D is still available, or sold?

10. waynearcuri

waynearcuri

Feb 3, 2013
    Hey you showed some interest in the Bass...Christmas id coming and I plan on listing this on Ebay..I am still willing to see it for listed price..Let me know wayne

11. waynearcuri

waynearcuri

Feb 3, 2013
    SOLD SOLD SOLD...ED from Arden NC came by to look at the bass. I had told him I was really no longer interested in selling it. When Ed saw and played the Bass he offered me $500 more then I was selling it for. I want to Thank everyone for your interesr and questions...Happy New Year to all the folks here on TalkBass...Ciao Wayne

12. waynearcuri

waynearcuri

Feb 3, 2013
    SOLDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!