1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

For Sale 1977-78 Fender Precision Bass in Excellent Condition

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by SnowMore, Apr 2, 2013.

1. 1977-78 Fender Precision Bass in Excellent Condition

Gorgeous and 100% original. I am the original owner and I still have the bill of sale.

Maple neck, natural finish. Recently cleaned up by the best local luthier – a joy to play, and has the classic P-Bass sound, ready to gig.

[​IMG]

First $2,200 takes it. Local buyer preferred -- NJ/NY/PHL area. Send a private message of you are interested.

I played this bass a lot in college and very little since 1981, which is why it looks like it’s only a few years old.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Weight is 11 lbs even.

The original case is in good shape as well – a few chinks and scrapes, but completely functional.

[​IMG]

The only flaws in the instrument are a bit of subsurface cracking in the finish that can be seen close up from certain angles. At the surface, the finish is smooth and unbroken, but up close you can see these parallel lines, as shown in this photo:

[​IMG]

These are not visible from other angles:

[​IMG]

There are a few on the back as well:

[​IMG]

The only ding on the instrument is on the back of the neck:

[​IMG]

2. jerrybarnesbass

jerrybarnesbass

Dec 5, 2007
    PM sent

3. Sale is pending at the asking price, so I am not entertaining any further offers at this time. Thanks for your interest!