Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

For Sale 6 string fretted Bob Frenz rare bolt-on neck bass

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Dirk Diggler, Sep 1, 2005.

1. Ok I've come to the realization that I prefer neck-through construction and this bass needs to go. It's the first bass that got me into Frenz basses, including this one I have 3. I'm also trying to help fund another headless neck-through Frenz bass. Bob does wonderful work and IMHO is one of the best "unknown" luthiers.

The only thing wrong with this bass is a small scratch on the face of the headstock, near the logo. It only viewable at the right angle in the light. It's just in the finish.

Here's some of the specifics:
    Neck birdseye maple, not sure of the fretboard, it has a great figure and is fairly light. Birdeye maple dot inlays on side and face.
    Body is 3 piece I bleieve Ash on both sides and maple center. The top is a sweet quilt maple, it's really 3-d and pictures do it no justice.
    Bridge is Schaller, EMG's active, not sure what EMG circuit, volume and 3 center detent, 1 pan, the other two tones for each pickup. 9 volt system. Tuners are made in Japan and the low B has a hipshot style dropper, currently down to a low A.
    Oh yeah I forgot to mention this bass comes with a custom made wooden, yeah that's right wooden hard case made by Bob himself.

I'm not looking for trades at this point, as I said I'm hoping to help fund another Frenz bass. My price is $1500 including ground shipping and insurance in the continental US. Any questions comments or offfers are welcome by email or PM. Thanks for looking! Feel free to lookup my feedback here (Dirk Diggler) or (dirkfz) on the Bay.
    Dirk
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. A bump for Friday. Have a great weekend fellow bass players!
    Dirk