Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SOLD For Sale (again!) Lull MV5 w/KILLER 5A top!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by jazz5757, Oct 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Okay, I think I've come to the realization that as long as I'm playing rock, passive basses are all I really need. Lull's basses are outstanding and that's why I'm selling this one to buy SCT1422's passive Lull P/J 5...

About the MV5 - this thing plays fantastic - very fast neck and just about all the tones you'd want to hear - wonderful "B" string. Here are some particulars:

Mike Lull MV5 (maple board, ash body)
    AAAAA Quilt top (outrageous!)
    Seymour Duncan single coil pickups
    SADOWSKY preamp w/VTC!!!

Bass comes with two pickguards: tort and mint. She's very comfortable to play and weighs in at about 9 lbs. Minor player wear but no major scratches or dings. Comes with nice padded Protec gigbag.

Asking $1550.00 shipped. I'll post some more pictures of this beautiful bass by this time tomorrow (you can also see some in the Fralim01's post for this bass). Please pm me or e-mail me with any questions. Thanks.

2. Let's make it $1500 shipped to the lower 48 states - this is a sweet deal folks! :bassist:

3. Unchain

Unchain I've seen footage.

Jun 20, 2005
    Tucson, AZ
    Yes it is! This bass has the most incredible quilt. $1500 is an absolute STEAL. Free bump for this great bass.

4. Guys... 1500 for a Lull of that quality... COME ON!!!

5. Thanks!....AND she plays as good as she looks, no kiddin'!

6. Vic

Vic There's more music in the nuance than the notes. Gold Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Staff, Bass Gear Magazine
    MAN I wish I had the money for this bass... this is painful...

7. pm's responded to....

8. SOLD!!! :bassist:

Thanks Gerald!

9. gwreid

gwreid

Apr 8, 2005
    Utah
    My pleasure. Can't wait to play it and hope that it stays longer with me than it did with you. This poor instrument will be getting a bad reputation for being handled by all these hairy bass players!!! :D

10. gwreid

gwreid

Apr 8, 2005
    Utah
    Just had to say that dealing with David has been a pleasure and the bass is every bit as nice as it looks and as he described it. I had to set it up to my liking (David had it set way too low for me.) but it looks and sounds amazing. If you see it up for sale again it will only be because of the 35" scale. I'll know after a month or two if I can live with that.

I know "everybody" here raves about Sadowsky basses but this Mike Lull, which is the only one I've ever seen, is equal to or better than anything I saw in a recent visit to Roger's shop. This one does of course have the Sad pre-amp so Roger can take credit for a lot of the tone but the build quality is superb.

Thanks again David. Regards. Gerald.

11. dooft11

dooft11 Supporting Member

Dec 30, 2003
    HongKong
    what a killer bass

12. Vic

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Mike's work is renowned and second to none. I had him do a fret job on my precious Roscoe and it came out amazingly well. I will tell you, that, if I'd had the money, you wouldn't have this bass. I GAS'd over it BAD! :)

13. Unchain

Jun 20, 2005
    Tucson, AZ
    If this pops up again, I'm just gonna have to kill myself. :rolleyes:

14. In fairness this bass should have gone to dooft11 due to some miscommunication and my haste in order to fund another bass...I still feel bad about this...if this bass comes up again he really should have first dibs...and he's a very nice guy to boot!

15. Let me grab a towel for all the drool that's on the keyboard....

BUY IF YOU CAN! It's amazing!

16. Vic

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    It's already sold... these are post sales laments... :)

17. Unchain

Jun 20, 2005
    Tucson, AZ
    This is kind of a memorium of when the bass could have been any of ours...but now :crying: that time is go..gon..gone! :bawl:

18. gwreid

gwreid

Apr 8, 2005
    Utah
    I'll be thinking of you all when I go home and PLAY IT :bassist: tonight... rest assured that it's in good hands. :) :) :)

19. Vic

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Ok, that's it, he's just a bit too uppity about this... who's up for a road trip to Joizy for a trip to the midnight Lull supply ranch? I'm gas'n up the car now... jump in... :D

20. Hey that PayPal didn't go through!!! I'm ready to join the posse Vic!!! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.