1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

For sale and must go: P/J body in martini olive green metallic!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by TimBosby, Nov 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    I'm selling the last of the parts I have laying around and putting bass projects to bed for a while.

Here we have an unloaded P/J body in the coolest color ever: martini olive green metallic! This was originally a made-in-the-USA (NYC early 80s I believe) ESP "Jazz" body. It was pink. I had Pat Wilkins (www.wilkinsguitars.com) re-finish it. I also had Pat alter the neck pickup rout to fit a P-pickup. I had him use a Fender Aerodyne pickguard as a template. The pickguard (white pearloid) will be included.

I recently shipped this body back to Pat to use as a color reference for another bass body. In shipping, the body was chipped (thanks, Fedex :rollno:) but Pat was able to fix it up. Even though I got a claim check from Fedex, I didn't want to spend the money for a full re-finish, so he just did a touch-up. You can still tell where the damage was (lower bout on the control plate side) but it's nearly invisible on the front/side - a small divot on the bout is all. On the back you can tell it was re-painted and has a slightly different texture but it's only noticeable up close. Other than that, there are a few light scratches on top of the body, but nothing terrible. All in all, it's in pretty darn good shape. And is a very cool, one-of-a-kind color.

I'll take $195 shipped or best offer - lower 48 USA - no trades. Pickguard in the pictures is included but the body will be otherwise completely unloaded. I've had Fender, Warmoth, and Modulus Genesis necks on this bass and they all fit. String-through-body bridge rout should work for a Fender deluxe style bridge, or Badass III.

Questions/offers, let me know. I'd like to get this sold ASAP.

Here's what it used to look like, with a Modulus neck (I no longer have this neck):

IMG_1921.
    IMG_1922.

Attached Files:

2. TimBosby

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    A couple more pics.

Attached Files:

3. TimBosby

Dec 19, 2004