FOR SALE: Black Ibanez SR885 - 5 string

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by T. B. Player, Jan 18, 2006.

1. I've seen so many posts about folks wanting an inexpensive 5 string, so here's my SR885. Don't play it anymore since I've got 3 six stringers now. Traded for it three years ago with my original MusicMan Stingray, and gigged with it 4 times a week at one point.

Its best feature is the sweepable midrange EQ, along with a treble and bass control, master volume and balance. All black - bolt on neck - gloss finish...even the back of the neck!
    34" scale - so some string types will give you a floppy "B", but other brands (perhaps SIT) will give you tighter one.

Here's why it's a feeler - since it's been sitting, and it's been gigged with a lot, here are the downsides:

- Both stacked pots need replaced - but they are included! I just have not taken it to a luthier/repair person to have it done. I don't trust myself with a soldering iron.

- The neck is in need of a slight adjustment since I haven't played the thing in about 18 months.

- Since it was gigged, there is a chip in the headstock where it was whacked off a light. It's easily fixable, but just haven't taken it to the luthier/repair person.

I've got pix, but you can email me for those since I don't have them in an online format (and the talkbass gallery is down). This thing retailed for over a grand, Musician's Friend sold them for 709, and you can make an offer if you'd like.

2. Give us this day our daily bump....

Forgot to mention price - since it was in the "FEELER" thread I deleted -

$300 + ship (since the repairs, I'm guessing, would cost between 50 and 75) - will accept offers, but no trades. I've seen these on ebay for 450+, but they don't sell.

Very light bass - comes with hard shell case included!
  3. Can't get the pictures small enough to attach them, and they're not posted on an active site - shoot me a pm or email and I'll send them to you. Let me know if you have a size limit so I can send you the full size ones or the smaller ones.

4. Kronos

Dec 28, 2005
    Philadelphia, PA
    Another PM sent..
  5. PM answered!! :)
  6. Just saw this beta feedback feature!

Great idea!!

Thanks, Paul!
  7. Kitsapbass

Kitsapbass What key is this?

May 26, 2005
    Fife, WA
    so, is the bass still available? how much for shipping?
  8. Kronos

Dec 28, 2005
    Philadelphia, PA

Sent an email with my ph # and addy...
  9. I'll be checking email when I get back to work tomorrow (out sick today!) Can't stand dial-up from home anymore. Thanks!!

BTW, saw the Centralia site!! Looks good!! Would like some info about who put it together for you.
  10. Kronos

Dec 28, 2005
    Philadelphia, PA is his domain. He's beta testing our site. He designed the whole thing, and it's still under construction. He's pretty good. Check out his site:

Feel better!
  11. SOLD!!

Thanks for looking - check back again more bass coming down the pike, this time a sixer, but needs some electronics work (replace pre-amp and such).