1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

FOR SALE: c.1830 American, Prescott-School, Busetto-style

Discussion in 'For Sale: Double Basses' started by BPbass, Jan 26, 2012.

1. BPbass

BPbass

Oct 11, 2004
    Fort Worth, TX
    Beautiful Example of American Prescott School. Possibly Samuel Allen or Moses Tewksbury. All the hallmarks of the Prescott design and sound. White Pine top with deep red varnish over golden ground. Excellent condition with solid interior repair work. Busetto lower corners with narrower upper gamba corners. Played daily in professional ICSOM orchestra since 2006 and used in major auditions including the finals in Boston and Cleveland. Deep, organ-like quality with a distinct clarity in tone unmatched by many other American basses. Exceptional instrument for section playing. Also, narrower shoulders make solo playing, recitals very manageable. Could also make a great jazz instrument with appropriate set-up. Includes: Robertson's Chromatic low-C extension, inlaid fingerboard dots, and custom reproduction french tuning machines. Recent appraisal by David Gage in NY. Easily one of the best American basses to come available in a long time. Located in the Dallas/Fort Worth Area. If interested, please message me or I can be reached at 817-565-0187.

Specs:
    7/8 size
    42in. String Length
    Flat back
    Corners: Gamba (upper) Busetto (lower)
    Carbon fiber end-pin as well as hole for laborie-style
    Top-of-the-line custom Soundwear bag included

$50,000.00

Attached Files:

2. Dang, there's no way I could afford this, but I live in Dallas, and it sure would be cool to give her a spin. :)

3. Provbass1

Provbass1

Apr 11, 2009
    Could you post more pictures and dimensions, i.e. body length width of bouts, overall depth of ribs, etc.
    Thanks
    and, no label?

4. BPbass

BPbass

Oct 11, 2004
    Fort Worth, TX
    Bump.

5. BPbass

BPbass

Oct 11, 2004
    Fort Worth, TX
    Great bass. Still for sale. Available for trial during TCU Bass Fest next weekend!

6. I played this bass today at TCU, what an amazing instrument, especially at this price point.