1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

For sale: Carved Juzek

Discussion in 'For Sale: Double Basses' started by NickyBass, Jul 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NickyBass

NickyBass Supporting Member

Nov 28, 2005
    Southern New Jersey
    I am not sure about the year, but on the back of the headstock, it is lightly scratched 'Board of education, NYC 1954.' There is also a repair tag from Kolstein's dated 1965. The repair tag says 'Regraduate Bass Bar.' I am not sure if that means that the top was regraduated and the bass bar was repaired...or if the bass bar itself was regraduated. Either way, the work was done by one of the top shops in the country, so I'm sure it was done very well.

The fingerboard was recently (within 5 years) replaced by Bob Riccardi Sr. The top of the bass and the back of the neck had some french polish done on it.

There are some repaired cracks, but not nothing out of the ordinary. There is one soft spot near the bass side f hole, but the bass is extremely solid otherwise.

Two of the tuner heads were rattling a little bit during a session, so I put some electrical tape on them, and just never took it off.

It has an Eb neck.

Final price drop: $5000. (No Paypal)

Local sale only. The bass can be available to try at my work in Mt Laurel, NJ 08054.

IMG_1292.

IMG_1289.

IMG_1299.

IMG_1298.

IMG_1291.

IMG_1290.

IMG_1287.

IMG_1285.

IMG_1284.

2. pnchad

pnchad

Nov 3, 2005
    very typical NYC BOE Juzek classic and you've got the age about right '50s - makes a nice jazz bass

I know this tuner vibration too - a little Super Glue where the key meets the shaft works well - not the best tuners but common for a shop bass of this era - easy upgrade for someone

3. charlie86

charlie86

Oct 4, 2010
    new york
    Hello
    i am interested your bass.
    but i living in China now.
    this is my email: charlis.bass@hotmail.com
    thanks

4. NickyBass

Nov 28, 2005
    Southern New Jersey
    I am looking to do a local sale on this. I wouldn't even know where to begin shipping this overseas.

5. Grunbay

Grunbay

Mar 13, 2004
    Maine, USA
    can you give me dimensions: upper & lower bouts, rib width at the neck and at the widest point, finally the string length?

6. NickyBass

Nov 28, 2005
    Southern New Jersey
    I am not sure the 'correct' way to measure, but I just took the widest area of the top and bottom. These are approximate, and might be off 1/4 inch or so.

The widest at the upper bout is approx 19 3/4 inches. Widest at the bottom is approx 25.5.

Sides are 7 1/2 inches at the neck and the widest is 8 1/2 inches.

String length is 42 inches.

7. NickyBass

Nov 28, 2005
    Southern New Jersey
    Price reduced to $5500.

8. NickyBass

Nov 28, 2005
    Southern New Jersey
    I will probably be putting this bass up for consignment, so I am going to try one last time to sell it here. The lowest I can go is $5000, with non-paypal payment. If it doesn't sell here soon, I am going to drop it off for consignment.

9. NickyBass

Nov 28, 2005
    Southern New Jersey
    Bump before I take it to the consignment shop.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.