No longer available For Sale Carvin 4-string, natural, sounds great! Free Shipping too!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Rapisme, Dec 16, 2015.

1. Rapisme

Rapisme Supporting Member

Dec 5, 2007
    RAPISME
    Price:
    $350.00
    Strings:
    Carvin fretted 4 string in really nice shape. Sounds and plays SUPER! String-thru body, very lightweight, excellent sounding passive electronics, fully (copper) shielded cavities, quiet electronics, nice low and easy action...all the mwah you can handle!!. Controls are Vol/Vol/Tone. 1.5' Jazz Bass size neck, VERY thin, and has side marker dots. Factory Carvin hi-mass bridge, ebony fretboard. No dings or dents....and judging from the Gigbag this is definitely an older model.This is a great bass to play without breaking the bank if you are thinking about trying a carvin or its a full blown pro players bass too. Heavily padded gig bag is included also a Carvin.
    can't find not one single ding or dent on this bad boy and judging from the gigbag this baby has got some years!!
    But it's been completely setup,
    New strings and settings..'and let me tell you you wouldn't think this is a passive bass as I find plenty louder than some of my active basses..
    Either way enjoy the eye candy and hopefully we'll talk!
    Thanks Talkbass.. Sale only need to recoup some funds, offer thru PM please..no trades..unless it's really something special..
    Oops just had someone ask me what model is this bass! It's Model BK40 only difference is that this one doesn't come with the headstock logo! May I also add that this one has an ebony fretboard which are harder to find nowadays. Someone will be getting a really good made in the USA bass for less than some of the Far East stuff.

Yes for all intents and purposes their identical except one has the Carvin Logo the other one doesn't.

CarvinGuitars.com BBS :: View topic - NUBD: Carivn BK40 Kit Bass

BK40 BOLT ON NECK PASSIVE BASS KIT
    image-jpg.jpg

Attached Files:

2. Kukulkan61

Kukulkan61 Suspended Supporting Member

Feb 8, 2011
    Northern Arizona
    If it's passive why does it have a back panel?

3. Rapisme

Dec 5, 2007
    RAPISME
    Currently wired passive but I believe the manufacturer allows for preamp modifications ergo giving space.. Hope it helps.

Kukulkan61 likes this.
  4. BK40 is the kit bass, right?

5. Rapisme

Dec 5, 2007
    RAPISME
    That is Correct Sir.

6. pica

pica

Nov 26, 2009
    Michigan
    So it's a Carvin bass kit. But not built by Carvin.

7. Rapisme

Dec 5, 2007
    RAPISME
  8. LennyJ

LennyJ Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2001
    Acworth, Georgia
    That is how you get the electronics in the bass. Carvin Basses like this both passive and active have the back plate. Controls are back loaded.

RAP is a great guy - GLWTS

9. Rapisme

Dec 5, 2007
    RAPISME
    Thanks Lenny for the assistance and the kind words.

10. Rapisme

Dec 5, 2007
    RAPISME
    Offers?

11. xhawk5

xhawk5 Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2007
    Palm Coast, Florida
    Some questions and an Offer sent... ;)

12. Rapisme

Dec 5, 2007
    RAPISME
    $300.00 shipped final price drop!

13. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 12, 2021