Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

For Sale - Carvin 6 String Bass LB76 Sweet Bass Flamed Maple Finish - Take a Look

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by FunkyLemz, Nov 8, 2005.

1. FunkyLemz

FunkyLemz

Oct 17, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    Well fellow TalkBassers, I have here a Carvin LB76 Six String Bass in mint condition - FOR SALE! The greatest part this about the bass is her finish - Vintage Yellow Flamed Maple ($200 extra).

I have the receit from Carvin and the bass was $1198.95 and yes it comes with a Hardshell case.

The bass has been babied and is in great condition.

I was looking for a nice six string and found one, but I have never even owned a five and this was a bit too much for me. My hands are just too small for this beauty. I think I will stick to four string. So instead of having the bass collect dust, I want to put it in the hands of someone who wants a 6 string.

I want to be as accurate in my description as possible - I have just throughly inspected the bass and found a tiny and I mean tiny indentation on it (about three pencil marks wide),a wear spot on the bottom of the body of the bass, and tiny tiny belt scratches on the back. There are NO nicks, dents, paints chips other then that.

The bass is really nice and I want someone to really appreciate it's value. So here we go - the price is $750 shipped because I'm looking for a fast sale and no profit.
    Send me an email/pm with your questions - if you want I can answer them by calling you up - just leave me your #. Thanks, Mike - (mikelemz@yahoo.com)

2. FunkyLemz

FunkyLemz

Oct 17, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    I cant upload the photos - they're too large. Can anyone help? For now I can just email them to whoever wants them. You guys just have to see it!
    Mike

3. FunkyLemz

FunkyLemz

Oct 17, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    [​IMG]

4. FunkyLemz

FunkyLemz

Oct 17, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. FunkyLemz

FunkyLemz

Oct 17, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    Sorry for not cleaning the bass first, but I assure you it will be cleaned when it comes to your door.
    Enjoy, Mike

6. UtBDan

UtBDan Supporting Member

Oct 29, 2004
    Connecticut
    good lord I wish I had that money.

7. FunkyLemz

FunkyLemz

Oct 17, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    DBX 160a compressor, Marcus Miller 4 string bass, Warwick Thumb or stage I/II, fender jazz (american only), and any nice tube preamps.

8. FunkyLemz

FunkyLemz

Oct 17, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    bump - this is a great deal

9. Lorenzini

Lorenzini

Dec 31, 2004
    Los Angeles
    FunkyLemz, I might be able to trade my Fender American Jazz Deluxe 5 string for your Carvin.

Sound good? It's mint condish at www.picturetrail.com/lorenzini

It's the teal fender with my friend holding it,.
    Lemme know,

Matt

10. FunkyLemz

FunkyLemz

Oct 17, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    Hmmm... Matt that sounds like a possible consideration. I was really looking for a maple neck, but what year is the bass?

11. Lorenzini

Lorenzini

Dec 31, 2004
    Los Angeles
    It's a '97 but I got your PM's and I'm going to call you after work.
    Also, it's got a Pao Ferro fretboard, not rosewood, so will give more of a maple sound.

12. FunkyLemz

FunkyLemz

Oct 17, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    We'll meet up Matt, but I'd really still prefer cash. So as for right now the bass is still for sale with some limitations.
    Thanks, Mike

13. FunkyLemz

FunkyLemz

Oct 17, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    bump... killer bass that I'm thinking about possibly keeping

14. Lorenzini

Lorenzini

Dec 31, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Mike I won't trade you for a bass that you are enjoying. Furthermore I can't pay cash, I'd have to trade. In addition, I have another 6 string I'm looking at, so please keep the bass as you alluded to doing!

Matt

15. FunkyLemz

FunkyLemz

Oct 17, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    I still would like a test ride on you jazz and the bass is still for sale as of right now.
    Thanks, Mike

16. Lorenzini

Lorenzini

Dec 31, 2004
    Los Angeles
    OK let's work it out. Sam Ash on McMullen Booth rd, that's just north of 60 (Courntney Campbell Causeway) on your right.

I teach till 7 and we can test our basses on a few nice amps they have out there. And the store is almost always empty at night

Sound good?

17. FunkyLemz

FunkyLemz

Oct 17, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    One last bump for sale before Matt and I meet up

18. Lorenzini

Lorenzini

Dec 31, 2004
    Los Angeles
    I'll bring the bass after work tomorrow and we can meet up. Do you understand the location? Feel free to call me!
    Matt

19. Lorenzini

Lorenzini

Dec 31, 2004
    Los Angeles
    It's mine!
    :)

20. FunkyLemz

FunkyLemz

Oct 17, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    I am very pleased with the jazz as well. We should meet up again sometime to jam and show each other some techniques (being that we have totally different ones). K.I.T.

Oh yea, I just picked up an aggie 750 through another TBer (thanks to that extra $100) and it should be a beast. Youll have to hear it sometime.
    Mike