1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD For Sale: Cort/Elrick Josh Paul 5-string

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by CH Design, Aug 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CH Design

CH Design Supporting Member

Apr 25, 2007
    Ottawa, ON
    Well, the trade thing didn’t work out so now it’s up for sale. Just to recap … For sale is my Cort/Elrick Josh Paul 5-string bass. It is in near mint condition. The only flaw is a ding where someone tried to adjust the truss rod with an allen key that was too long (see pic #7). The dirty spots on the back of the headstock are just the residue from the original stickers that hasn’t been removed. These are great sounding, great playing, high quality instruments. For a 5-string, it’s also pretty light (I don’t have a scale to get a weight).
    · 35” Scale
    · 19mm string spacing at the bridge
    · 24-fret bolt-on neck
    · Flame maple top
    · Bartolini MK1 passive pickups
    · Batrolini MK1 active preamp with bass/mid/treble boost and cut with a preamp bypass (passive)
    · Fishman pop-up battery compartment
    · High quality quick string change bridge

I don’t have a hard shell case to go with it, but I can include a gig bag. The frets are in good shape. I have the action set pretty low and I don’t have any problems with fret buzz. I also just put on a new set of Rotosound Swing 66 SS strings last week. I’m asking $500.00 US plus shipping (from Ontario, Canada). Shipping usually falls in the $30-$40 range. PM me if you are interested.

2. CH Design

Apr 25, 2007
    Ottawa, ON
    Pics

3. CH Design

Apr 25, 2007
    Ottawa, ON
    more pics

4. CH Design

Apr 25, 2007
    Ottawa, ON
    and even more pics

5. Justyn

Justyn Supporting Member

Jun 24, 2002
    Richmond, VA
    What's the neck profile on this like? Chunky? Flat? In between?

Thanks!
    J.

6. CH Design

Apr 25, 2007
    Ottawa, ON
    I consider it pretty thin and flat. If I was to think of something to compare it to, it is about the same width as a Lakalnd (might be a little narrower at the nut), but it's definately thinner. It's probably one of the most comfortable 5-string necks I've played. It's small enough for people with small hands (like me) to get around on, but the string spacing is nice and wide so those with bigger fingers don't get all cramped up.

7. fraublugher

fraublugher

Nov 19, 2004
    ottawa, ontario, canada
    music school retailer
    i missed the f/t thread , i have an '87 modulus fretless 4 sitting around doing nothing.
    i wore out the fingerboard in a few spots though so it needs work , and it also looks terrible.
    possible partial trade?
    cheers,
    John

8. CH Design

Apr 25, 2007
    Ottawa, ON
    Thanks for the offer, but I have already bought another bass. I need to sell this one to help pay for the other. I also only have one bass at the moment, so trading for something that needs repair work, although it is an interesting trade, isn't an option.

9. CH Design

Apr 25, 2007
    Ottawa, ON
    Price Drop Bump.

10. Stoney Lonesome

Stoney Lonesome

Aug 22, 2007
    how low will you go to Kingston Ontario?

11. CH Design

Apr 25, 2007
    Ottawa, ON
    The price would still be $500.00 USD ($525.00 CAD). If you wanted to save on shipping I would be willing to meet you half way to deliver it (some where around Brockville).

12. C-5KO

C-5KO

Mar 9, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    I'm suprised the other Ontarian didn't bite. That's a great deal on a great bass. Plus you're saving on serious taxes!

I think I read somewhere that the only reason why you have to sell them used at such a low price is because Cort just dumped them and oversaturated the supply, killing the demand. Otherwise, they'd be worth at least $600 or $700.

I always wanted to grab one of these and hot rod it. Good luck with your sale.

13. CH Design

Apr 25, 2007
    Ottawa, ON
    Thanks C-5KO. I'm surprised it's been here this long. When I was trying to trade, I had lots of offers for a cash sale. I think maybe people are a little put off by the over the border shipping.

And yes, if it wasn't for Cort dealers trying to sell of their remaining stock at stupid low prices, these would be going for a much higher price. They are very similar to the Lakeland Skylines. I would put them between the 55-01 and 55-02. They are both copies of well designed and much more expensive customs basses and they are both built in the same factory (Cort) by the same people. I think Lakland may have marketed his product a little better by calling it the Skyline series. I think had Elrick done something similar and not had "Cort" on the back of the headstock peoples impressions would be much different. It wouldn't hve changed the quality, but some people might think they were better.

14. dcr

dcr Supporting Member

Mam, if I hadn't just bought a real-deal Elrick eVolution, I'd be all over this one. I'm really interested to see how one of these compares to the Elrick.

Or maybe not. I'd hate to think the Cort was really close to the Elrick at 1/3 the price.

But I do know this: if it plays anything like the Elrick, it's sweet! Thin and flat and fast neck, I'll bet.

Bump for a great bass that I woulda bought. And yes, I was one of the cash offers the last talked about!

dcr

15. CH Design

Apr 25, 2007
    Ottawa, ON
    Thanks for the words of encouragement dcr. Maybe it will inspire someone before the weekend.

16. CH Design

Apr 25, 2007
    Ottawa, ON
    My GWB35 has arrived so this one really has to go ...

17. CH Design

Apr 25, 2007
    Ottawa, ON
    Price drop ... now $500.00 plus shipping. Paypal is fine.
    As a side note, does anyone know how I change the title that shows up in the "For Sale" list so people who don't click on this post can see the new price?

18. Kephah

Kephah

Oct 1, 2006
    M-I-Z-Z-O-U !
    Oh come on moneybags........lol. You know you want it-then you can sell it to me so I can DE-FRET it!

19. CH Design

Apr 25, 2007
    Ottawa, ON
    Hey, I could always sell it to you and you could have two! Then you could de-fret it. DCR would never have to know that he could have the Elrick looks, and playability for 1/3rd the cost. :hyper:

20. CH Design

Apr 25, 2007
    Ottawa, ON
    On hold pending payment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.