1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

For Sale-Custom Curbow 6 string Fretted NECK

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by bassmonkeee, Aug 8, 2003.

1. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    I've got an extra handmade Curbow 6 string neck lying around. I was going to use it to make a new bass, but I've decided I'd rather put the money, and effort into getting one of my current basses refinished, instead.

So, this is a Purpleheart neck with an Ebony fretboard. It comes with chrome Sperzel locking tuners, too. The neck is pretty thin front-to-back, and has 18mm spacing. There are 24 frets on the bass side, and 26 frets on the treble side (It's angled, don'tcha know).

The neck had a crack near the headstock, and was repaired by Curbow. He has declared it to be as strong as new. I used the neck for about 4 months before I had it replaced with a fretless neck, and I never had any problems with it.

This is a great neck for a project bass. The neck feels great, and is very comfy to play. The only thing you'll find more stable than a purpleheart neck is a Rockwood neck.

I'll post pics this weekend.

If anyone is interested, shoot me a PM, and I'll get the pics up "sooner," as opposed to the standard "later."

I'd like to get $400/shipped.

2. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    Embrace the bump. Do not fear the bump.

I still plan to put up pics.

If anyone is interested in making their own bass, this is an excellent way to have a quality neck to add to whatever fever dream inspired whacked out body your tiny mind can come up with. :bassist: