1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FOR SALE: Custom Re-Cased GK Diesel Dawg Distortion Pedal (photos inside)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Effects and Pedals' started by NickNardone, Apr 28, 2010.

1. Hey Fellas.

Up for sale is a Gallien Krueger Diesel Dawg distortion pedal that I re-cased into a custom painted enclosure that's about half the size of the original. This pedal is not in perfect working order, (read below).

The normal steel Diesel Dawg enclosure is WAAAYY to big and heavy for the tiny little board that's mounted inside, so I ordered some enclosure parts from PedalPartsPlus.com and re-cased that bad boy!!

I painted the case myself and drilled all the holes myself. I also mounted a new LED. I think it came out dope. I'm an automotive fabricator and welder by trade so rest assured everything was done properly, using a drill press, etc...

There is an issue though... This pedal does not power up. I'm 98% sure that the issue lies within the wiring of the 9v power jack that I had to wire up. When you have an instrument plugged into the pedal and stomp the switch, the signal breaks and you can hear the pedal switch on, but there is no effected sound that comes out and the LED does not illuminate.

No modifications were made to the board other than extending the knob pot leads, extending the LED wires, and adding a different 9v power plug in. I wrapped the board with electrical tape to prevent any contact with the aluminum case. I'm pretty good with electronics, but I just don't want to spend anymore time on this little project. It took forever to get it to the point its at now, and I'm 95% sure that if you have basic pedal building knowledge you can properly solder in the power cable and get this to power right up and have a one of a kind Diesel Dawg.

I loved the way the Diesel Dawg sounded. Best bass heavy distortion out there IMO.

I just need some money right now and I'm selling this for cheap. You might want to buy this even for just the sweet enclosure.

Please view the photos for an honest representation of condition.

I'm asking $59 Shipped to your door.

Email: FordTakeOffs@bellsouth.net

Local pickup is fine, I can even deliver. You're more than welcome to talk to me on the phone as well. PM me for my cell number.

Thanks gents!

DSC08917.
    DSC08918.
    DSC09944.
    DSC09945.
    DSC09946.
    DSC09947.
    DSC08910.
    DSC08912.
    DSC08913.
    DSC08915.
    DSC08916.
    DSC08919.
    DSC08920.

2. does this work with a battery at all? I'm very interested if i can get it working

3. Same thing happens with the battery, when switched on it interrupts your instrument signal, but the LED does not illuminate and no sound is emitted from the pedal.

PM me! Let's make a deal.

4. surfingbird1

surfingbird1

May 22, 2008
    M3 styling I like!!

5. hehe, I wondered if there would be any M tuners on the boards that would recognize the scheme. I was also going for the Martini Rossi scheme.

949_mcrae.

6. Steveaux

Steveaux Safe-Guardian of the Stoopid Supporting Member

Jul 1, 2008
    The Wilds of NW Pa.
    photo.

7. I dropped the price down twenty bucks to $59 guys.

8. Still for sale.

9. bongomania

bongomania Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Ah heck, I'll take it. :) PM incoming.

10. Guess I'll resurrect this quickly...

What size is that enclosure? Do you have a model number? I just got a Diesel Dawg and an interested in rehousing it, but this would be my first mod. I'm hoping to just take the electronics in one enclosure and put them in another, no soldering or anything. Would that work?

11. BassManMike73

BassManMike73

Apr 20, 2011
    Portage, MI
    It looks a heckofalot like a 1590BB tall to me.