1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD For Sale: Fender American Vintage 75' RI Jazz Bass *MINT*

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Modern Growl, Apr 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. closed, move to http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?p=7356256#post7356256
    PRICEDROP!
    Up for sale is an American Vintage 75' RI Fender Jazz Bass!

People say this is Fenders absolute best 'production' instrument with the most attention given to detail. I would have to whole heartedly agree! The fit and finish is wonderfull. It could easily pass as a Fender Custom Shop quality instrument!

Instrument has only been played in house (living room play). Never gigged with, in excellent condition!

This Jazz has an extremely light weight ash body, total instrument weight is about 7.5lbs! 70's style bridge pickup location. Excellent tone, all stock parts except for a BadAssII Bridge installed. (Original bridge also included). This BadAssII Bridge has the pre slotted groves so you can adjust string distance to your hearts delight.

Case included. No trades.

Price Drop!
    $1,250.00 Shipped!

Please PM me if interested.

Attached Files:

2. some more pictures for your viewing pleasure:

Attached Files:

3. and one more:

Attached Files:

4. GassieBall

GassieBall

Oct 15, 2006
    Beautiful bass. Quick question... Most of the RI's I've seen have the ashtray. I can't see any screw holes around the bridge. Did this one have one?

5. Jeff K

Jeff K Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2005
    Memphis, TN
    I have one of these that was made in 2000. They normally include the ashtray/pickup cover in the case, but the holes are not pre-drilled. Probably because a lot of people don't want them on. So if you want to install them, you have to drill the holes. Of course I have no idea whether Modern Growl still has his or not. I can say that these are sweet basses.

6. Yeah, this did come w/ the ashtray cover... I never installed it, hence no holes.

7. bump

8. Very nice! Amazingly, it appears they got the bridge-pickup spacing era-correct on this one. :cool:

9. BluesyCat

BluesyCat I'm irresistible. Gold Supporting Member

Jul 28, 2006
    Torrance, California
    Staff: Bass Gear Magazine
    I sent an email to my bass instructor since he is dying to have mine and I refuse to let it go! :p If he bites, I'll let you know. :cool:

10. Thanks, let me know! :)

11. Dr Funk

Dr Funk "If you ain't appearing then you be disappearing" Supporting Member

Very nice bass.

Please detail "case included" is it the original case including ashtrays, case candy etc? :confused:

12. ^Thanks^
    Case included as in original Fender Vintage Style case. Sorry, Ashtray and Neck Pickup cover not included (sold). I believe I still have all of the original tags as well (the fender inspection tags ect...)

13. Shelly

Shelly Supporting Member

Jul 12, 2006
    Brighton, Michigan
    I can't believe this is still here. It was a nice deal considering the former $1800.00 street price and is really a good deal considering the recent street price increase to around $2300.00. The BAII bridge is a nice bonus.

14. BluesyCat

BluesyCat I'm irresistible. Gold Supporting Member

Jul 28, 2006
    Torrance, California
    Staff: Bass Gear Magazine
    Evening bump and... my bass instructor said he can't afford it right now. Sorry and good luck!

15. Thanks for the kind words. Yes, I feel its a great deal as well. I priced this to move quickly...

16. bump, pricedrop!!!!

17. closed, didn't have "REISSUE" in title... closinging and moving for search purposes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.