1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD For Sale: Fender Mark Hoppus Jazz bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by pbassnut, Mar 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pbassnut

pbassnut Supporting Member

Sep 27, 2004
    Falls Church, VA
    Fender Mark Hoppus Jazz bass in excellent condition (short of a chip in the finish on the lower side of the neck pocket). Alder, made in Mexico body with black finish and black pickguard ... the "Darth Vader" look. Non-original USA made "Genuine Fender Parts" '62 reissue maple Precision neck with a slab rosewood fingerboard, vintage tint and reverse Kluson tuners. The neck has the vintage Fender fingerboard radius, has the "C" width/profile and is exactly like what you'd find on a Fender American Vintage '62 Precision Bass. Below is a link for the Vintage '62 Precision Bass:
    http://www.fender.com/products//search.php?partno=0190116800
    Fender has since stopped selling these necks ala cart, but they cost about $350 when they were still making them and that didn't include buying and installing tuners so this neck is a fairly significant upgrade to the bass. NOTE: the neck plate is not the original one with the Mark Hoppus logo. It has a single stock Seymour Duncan Quarter Pounder Precision pickup and the electronics are as simple as can be with only a master volume control. The original knob was switched out with a vintage style chrome dome knob and a vintage style "tug bar" has been added for retro appeal. Strings through body bridge. Currently strung with Sadowsky 40-60-80-100 flatwounds which are expensive high-end strings. Comes with a Fender Deluxe padded gigbag which is also in excellent shape. Weighs approximately 9.5 pounds by my bathroom scale. Below is a link to the Fender website for additional information on the Fender Mark Hoppus bass:
    http://www.fender.com/products//search.php?partno=0138300357
    $525 including shipping & insurance (only within the continental United States). Email Steve at steven_reiter@hotmail.com or call (703) 533-2007. Pictures available upon request.

2. Bass Atlanta

Bass Atlanta Supporting Member

Pix?

3. pbassnut

Sep 27, 2004
    Falls Church, VA
    Randy, send me your private email ID (outside of TalkBass) and I'll send you some pics. It seems that the interface for posting pics on TalkBass is done through a pop-up window which my firewall is set to prevent and I don't know how to override the firewall setting. PM sent.

Thanks, Steve

4. BigNoise

BigNoise

Nov 19, 2007
    Knoxville, TN
    Hold down ctrl, and pop-ups should come through

5. pbassnut

Sep 27, 2004
    Falls Church, VA
    ... unfortunately, some of my Hoppus bass pictures are too big for this site and the ones that aren't fail due to picture width or something ... AAARRRGGGHHH!!! ;^) Maybe my beloved queen (who has infinitely more savvy with PC software than I have) can teach me how to manipulate the photos through PhotoShop or something to make them compatible with TalkBass. I _do_ appreciate your help, though ... Thanks, Steve

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.