For Sale Graphics: too "Ebay-ish"?

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box' started by duke2004, Apr 19, 2014.

1. duke2004

duke2004 Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2004
    Cambridge, Mass.
    Personally I like the graphics of the sticky posts better than the larger rows with photos that are typical
    to the new For Sale forums. The new format has larger photos but to me its too much like ebay. Do i really need to see that larger photo? Does the post really need to occupy that much of the screen? It would be faster to scan the page if we had the option to turn the posts into a "condensed view" with less row size per post, and I personally prefer the idea of being able to open the for sale thread to see what its all about, kind of like the anticipation of unboxing something.
    It would also result in less blank "white space" on my screen when scanning For Sale posts.

I know this is a relatively minor point in this wide world, but graphics and design, as an architect, are a large part of my world, so its stuff that i notice perhaps more than others do.

petch likes this.
  2. paul

paul Staff Member Founder Administrator

Jul 20, 2000
    Texas
    I can sure make the thread thumbnails smaller in Classifieds - I just thought people would want to see larger pics. I'll explore this definitely.

3. duke2004

duke2004 Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2004
    Cambridge, Mass.
    The other thing, from a graphics interface point of view, would be the consideration of too much white space when within a thread.
    Literally changing the background to off white might help or, again in some way, condense the way threads are viewed. These days I actually
    greatly prefer the way Talkbass looks on my iphone to how it looks on my desktop.
    How a site looks is certainly going to be related to how often and effectively its used.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 14, 2021