For Sale For Sale MESA BOOGIE DIESEL 2x15 (kappalite 3015)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by Blind owl bass, May 2, 2019.

1. Blind owl bass

Blind owl bass

Apr 13, 2018
    Price:
    $300
    I have a trusty friend that I am ready to let go of.
    Here is my Mesa Boogie Diesel 2x15 cab that I loaded with Eminence Kappalite 3015 (The regular version not the LF). 900w at 4ohms. This Cab is amazing, it can crush most 4x10's and I think sounds way better than the 8x10 fridge. I have used it for upright bass and it does that well but really cranks with a 4 string p bass. The cabinet did not have a grille when I got it and I never added one. I have used this cabinet the last few summer tours with my band The Blind Owl Band, for our larger festival gigs. I am going another way in terms of cabinets and this takes up too much room in my jam space. It has scuffs and the top driver has two small dents in the cone, (DOES NOT AFFECT SOUND AT ALL) BUT IT IS a super solid and great sounding cabinet, ready to rock more tours. For what its worth while on tour I got to A/B this cab next to a fearful 15/6 with the kappalite 3015 LF. they sounded very very similar....mine was louder.

Shipping is going to be costly but I will ship it anywhere safely, If you want it we can figure out the cheapest way to safely ship it.

Attached Files:

scottm, donahue and Joedog like this.
  2. donahue

donahue Supporting Member

Jun 10, 2015
    Oregon
    My exact "big rig" cab. This setup crushes and the Kappalites reduce the overall weight SIGNIFICANTLY! This is a steal!!! GLWTS

3. Blind owl bass

Blind owl bass

Apr 13, 2018
    thanks man. I do really love the cab, served me well and since I got it pretty cheap I want to keep the good bass karma going and let someone else have some fun with it for cheap! thanks for confirming this rig is a beast and yes really not that bad to move around.

4. TerenceE

TerenceE Supporting Member

Dec 6, 2015
    Weight?

5. Blind owl bass

Blind owl bass

Apr 13, 2018
    Not sure as I don't have a scale at home but it feels less than my non neo 4x10. I'm guessing around 50lbs. I will pack it for shipping soon and have a weight in a few days

6. TerenceE

TerenceE Supporting Member

Dec 6, 2015
    50lbs isn’t too bad! Any idea what shipping would be to 55605?

7. Blind owl bass

Blind owl bass

Apr 13, 2018
    It's really not bad to move around. I will pack it and get an estimate for you in a few days

TerenceE likes this.
  8. donahue

donahue Supporting Member

Jun 10, 2015
    Oregon
    Not to butt in but 50lbs is a little low. I just want to help here. Without the neos the cab is heavy like almost 100lbs. With Kappas, it's considerably lighter but not 50lbs light. The new SW215 is more than that.

morebass! likes this.
  9. Blind owl bass

Blind owl bass

Apr 13, 2018
    You sir are probably correct. I just know it's easier than my 4x10. I still always make a bandmate help me as to not hurt my back. With 2 it's easy to move. I will post weights when I can. Thank you for the input

10. Bassman_1988

Bassman_1988 Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2014
    Minneapolis
    What’s the width on this?

11. Blind owl bass

Blind owl bass

Apr 13, 2018
    2ft wide. 17" deep. 38" tall

Bassman_1988 likes this.
  12. Blind owl bass

Blind owl bass

Apr 13, 2018
    Weight is 68 pounds unloaded or about 75 pounds with speakers. Just got en estimate on shipping from ups. 310$ from here in upstate NY to Los Angeles. Yikes...... Any advice on cheaper shipping methods?

13. deff

deff Supporting Member

Oct 15, 2018
    Gloucester, MA
    Where in upstate are you?

14. Blind owl bass

Blind owl bass

Apr 13, 2018
    Saranac Lake ny 12983

15. deff

deff Supporting Member

Oct 15, 2018
    Gloucester, MA
    Close enough to drive to. Hmmm. You might have a buyer. I'll message you tomorrow.

16. Blind owl bass

Blind owl bass

Apr 13, 2018
    Sounds good!

DiscoRiceJ likes this.
  17. Blind owl bass

Blind owl bass

Apr 13, 2018
    cabinet comes with free cds from my bands!!! hopefully that's not a deal breaker! haha JK thanks for the interest

DiscoRiceJ likes this.
  18. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    Have you had a look at UShip ?

I have a friend that does motorcycles and ships with them...

19. Blind owl bass

Blind owl bass

Apr 13, 2018
    Never heard of em but I live in a small mountain town that's pretty secluded. Ups and post office all we have for shipping. But fingers crossed might have a local sale.

20. morebass!

morebass! I'm all ears Supporting Member

May 31, 2002
    Madison WI
    I had this exact set-up and wish I hadn't got rid of it. The cab is very solid and the 3015s make it a lot lighter and handle a lot more power than the EVs it came with. It was really good at cutting through in a loud band setting. And 2x15 gets the sound up closer to your ears and can be tilted into the back of your vehicle a lot easier than a 4x10.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 20, 2022