SOLD FOR SALE:MTD 535 Tulip/Maple/Wenge/Wenge

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by bksavage, Aug 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bksavage

bksavage

Jul 20, 2008
    FS ONLY: 2004 MTD 535 with MTD Rectangular Vinyl covered case. This bass has been in my studio and made 7 mile trips to church and back; immaculate condition. Bartolini pick ups and electronics, Buzz Feiten Tuners, Tulip wood body, Quilted Maple top, Wenge neck and finger board, 24 fret neck, I will put your favorite strings on it and include fresh batteries. Blue/Green Coral finish with matching face. I have two kids and a mortgage and I have to make the hard choice. This bass is great live, great in a track. Lighter than an Ash or Alder bass, but all the tone and balls. Easy on the lower back! $2850 Plus FREE domestic UPS ground shipping to continental US; International buyers ONLY $25 customs administration fee plus shipping! PayPal or eCheck. More photos below. Will ship to Continental US buyer pays shipping and insurance. Local pickup ok. Loved owning it, hate to sell it. :bawl: Hurry! Goes on eBay soon!! [email protected]

2. bksavage

bksavage

Jul 20, 2008
    bump and a pic

3. LowBSix

LowBSix Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2008
    818 ~ 805 ~ L.A.
    Endorsing Artist: GHS Strings
    Bump for a beautiful bass that plays like buttah!
    Bump for a great player!
    Bump for a great guy!

4. bksavage

bksavage

Jul 20, 2008
    :hyper:

5. bksavage

bksavage

Jul 20, 2008
    I'm becoming more flexible on the price. This is my first listing on the TB Forum, so I'm doin' the best I can. If you want to make an offer, I'll certainly consider it. BTW, I had this Bass built by Michael and picked the wood and features; I'm the only owner. I will take more pictures in better light.

6. LowBSix

Mar 25, 2008
    818 ~ 805 ~ L.A.
    I love that bass!

7. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    If it only had 6 strings.....

free bump

8. LowBSix

Mar 25, 2008
    818 ~ 805 ~ L.A.
    Pac... u r funny... It's a beauty and bksavage is not only a great player, but an awesome guy!!!

9. bksavage

bksavage

Jul 20, 2008
    6 would be nice Pacman, 6 would be nice... Someday, I'd like to have one for every day of of the week, every mood and even one for 7/4! And that's just the MTD's! Thanks for the bump...

10. LowBSix

Mar 25, 2008
    818 ~ 805 ~ L.A.
    They are great instruments!!!

11. bksavage

bksavage

Jul 20, 2008
    You're too kind LowBSix... I'm humbled to be talked up by such a fine player and righteous guy... 35 hz baby!!

12. bksavage

bksavage

Jul 20, 2008
    Great Bass; plays like buttah!

13. cosmicevan

cosmicevan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

patience grasshopper. a bass will sell, but you've got to give it more than 3 days.

14. LowBSix

Mar 25, 2008
    818 ~ 805 ~ L.A.
    That may be true, yet he may not have the time.

I know these are popular basses and for good reason....

Billy you know your reality....

RG

15. bksavage

bksavage

Jul 20, 2008
    Thanks, cosmicevan. If wait by the river long enough, the 1970 P Bass you bought when you were 15 will float by... 3 more days, then who knows!

16. evilgus

evilgus Supporting Member

Feb 27, 2006
    Sydney, Australia
    Don't mean to be rude, but isn't asking for US$300 for "handling charges" a total ripoff and as good as saying you will only ship within U.S? Given the financial situation in the U.S, you are basically turning away potential buyers. Given good basses like used MTDs are actually harder to find overseas, that could be most of your target audience! :)

In reality, all it typically takes to ship a bass overseas, is a few emails between buyer and seller, a bit of PayPal, International Transfer or Money Order action and a phone call to Fedex, UPS or whoever, to arrange a pickup. (They can even provide packaging at the buyers expense, if you have none.) In my case, I generally buy overseas basses often enough that I got my own discounted Fedex account, so it's piss-easy for everyone. I can enter all the details on line and then it takes literally one phone call for the seller to arrange pickup. If anything, I should probably ask for a *discount* for making it easy for the seller! :)

Anyway, just a bit of friendly advice, feel free to ignore. Good luck with the sale anyway, a wonderfully sexy-looking bass!

Cheers,

EG

17. cosmicevan

cosmicevan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

pm me when this hits ebay please. maybe i'll bid on it...or pm me if you want to sell pre-ebay and are flexible on price. i'm currently in the mkt for a new bass or two and mtd is high on my list, but i'm checking out a few instruments locally first...so by the time this is on ebay, i'll likely be in a position to bid on it.

18. LowBSix

Mar 25, 2008
    818 ~ 805 ~ L.A.
    Make him an offer he can't refuse.........

19. bksavage

bksavage

Jul 20, 2008
    evilgus - Not rude at all. I shipped my Walter Woods to Italy np. The hassle is that i've found it difficult to get enough insurance for overseas shipments. In order to pack an item of this value and make sure that it gets overseas I have to do a lot of running around and extra due diligence, but maybe you're right. Maybe it's excessive. Are you overseas by any chance? Would you rather pay for your own insurance and packaging and international rates or a flat $300? I really appreciate your input.

20. bksavage

bksavage

Jul 20, 2008
    comicevean - I know these have been going for around $2500 but others are asking $3200 so I started out there. I'm very emotional about this sale; this is the first hand made instrument of any quality I've ever owned, so I need to get the most I can since it may be a while before I can afford one again. I'll consider any reasonable offer.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 25, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.