1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

For sale only: ADAM A7 powered monitor pair and Sub8 subwoofer, new, unused, open box

Discussion in 'For Sale: Other Stuff (Not bass related)' started by Snaxster, Mar 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Snaxster

Snaxster

Nov 29, 2008
    A7 pair for $999, Sub8 for $749 USD shipped fully insured to CONUS. This is a sale with a firm price only — no trades or offers. Contact me by email: skylimes at yahoo dot com.

I will not sell either of the two A7 monitors separately; I will only sell them as a pair. But I will sell the A7 pair separately from the Sub8.

This ADAM A7 powered monitor pair and Sub8 subwoofer are "open box" units. I recently bought them new, factory sealed, then inspected them visually. I never powered them up or connected any cables to them. They are truly unused. I put them back in their factory packing. Now I am selling them because I stopped making music.

ADAM's description of these models are here: A7 nearfield monitor and Sub8 subwoofer.

Here is a stock photo of an A7:

[​IMG]

Here is a stock photo of a Sub8:

[​IMG]

This sale will be final. If you have any concerns about this ADAM A7 pair or Sub8, ask me before you buy them, because once you buy them from me I will not accept them back for a refund.

Thanks for looking.

Snaxster

2. NUN101

NUN101

Jan 12, 2010
    Cleveland
    what are the circumstances where you would take a return? what if they don't work?

3. Snaxster

Snaxster

Nov 29, 2008
    Hello. There are no such circumstances. Sorry, but I'm just a guy; I'm not a music store. :)

As I stated in my OP: "This sale will be final. If you have any concerns about this ADAM A7 pair or Sub8, ask me before you buy them, because once you buy them from me I will not accept them back for a refund."

Thanks for asking.

Snaxster

4. My concern is that if I buy them from you they are untested and unreturnable.

5. Snaxster

Snaxster

Nov 29, 2008
    That's a valid concern. A related concern would be whether, even if they did work when you got them from me, you could not make claims to ADAM for warranty repairs, since you did not buy them from an authorized dealer.

Here's the deal, people: all the authorized dealers' street price is the same 10 to 15% above my price. Some sellers who are not authorized dealers are charging the same higher price as the authorized dealers. But none of those sellers, authorized dealer or not, unpacks and tests the units they offer for sale. They assume that the manufacturer already did their factory QC checks. I make the same assumption.

The value proposition here is based in the gamble that this assumption is correct, and that the units operate without problems at least through the warranty period. If you win, you got a very good deal; if you lose, you'll have to send the defective unit to a dealer for repair, wherein the net may be that you will have paid street price after all.

Thanks,

Snaxster

6. Stumbo

Stumbo Semi-retired member Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2008
    Masks, people, masks!
    Since the box is already opened, what is stopping you from testing them and posting the results.

7. Snaxster

Snaxster

Nov 29, 2008
    Nothing is. But once I test them, however briefly, they become used.

Thanks,

Snaxster

8. Stumbo

Stumbo Semi-retired member Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2008
    Masks, people, masks!
    They may be mint and never used but still are considered used equipment.

Since there's no refund, I suggest you test them and you may get a sale sooner rather than later.

Good luck.

9. Snaxster

Snaxster

Nov 29, 2008
    Thank you for your suggestion.

Best,

Snaxster

10. Snaxster

Snaxster

Nov 29, 2008
    You win, folks; these monitors are no longer for sale. I will give them to charity or to a friend. I tried! :)

Good luck,

Snaxster

11. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 25, 2020

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.