1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD <<<For Sale Only: Excellent Condition Trace Elliot V4 new tubes>>>>>>

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by worxforme, May 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. worxforme

worxforme Self Actualized Bad Speller

Dec 10, 2009
    LAnsing MI
    These rarely come up for sale and never in this condition.

All tube 220 watt (these have been tested to have an operating output of 265 watts) with 440 watt peak Trace Elliot V4 with professionally upgraded Speak-on connector and added Rare V8 grill and cover. The knobs are the same as the V8 as well yet they did come with the amp. This is super clean and in excellent cosmetic and functional condition. The V8 grill has some scratches yet looks great overall and adds even more ventilation. The velcro can come off that you see in the pic, its there from the original faceplate, which comes with it. This amp is in the nicest shape of any of the V series that I have ever owned.(I've owned them all at one time or another)

It has a new Matched Quad of Valve Art KT88 power tubes and new Shuguang pre's that all have less than 8 hours on them. Amp was professionally gone over and biased with tube replacement and a Speak-on added which is the best update you can do to the V series IMO. It has a clean bill of health and sounds incredible.

Switchable from 8 to 4 ohms and weighs in at only 49lbs; it's the Manny Pacquiao of the tube amp division. Not a heavy weight but arguably the best in the world.

Why do I want to sell? I'm a gear wh@re and I also have a Mesa M9 and M6 coming to me. One of the bands I play with is winding down and I have 2 Marshall half-stacks and a Carvin Bass stack at that practice space that I have to find a place to stash as well...so I mean it when I say, "I really have too much stuff."

I will be listing a bunch of other stuff soon, as well as whichever Mesa head I decide to keep, the other one will go.

TraceV4002. TraceV4003-1. TraceV4006. TraceV4009. TraceV4010. TraceV4004. TraceV4005. TraceV4013.

Priced so low for the rarity, sound and super condition>>> $1099.

Paypal, USPS money orders or cash at pickup PLUS actual shipping.

I will use FedEx ground with my commercial FedEx account, between 35 and 55 is just a guess. I will only charge actual shipping and buyer will get a copy of my receipt. Shipped to the 48 only. I won't ship to Canada unless I've worked with you before ;) Tubes will be labeled and wrapped and packed inside head for safe shipping.

All my contact information is in the web link in my sig, so feel free to PM me through TB, or call me at work with any questions.

2. njjazzman2002

njjazzman2002 Supporting Member

Jun 16, 2007
    New Jersey
    great looking condition for a rare amp...glws!

3. worxforme

Dec 10, 2009
    LAnsing MI
    Thanks, this has enough power yet you can get it to break up if you want that sound as well. The Valve-Arts sound amazing.

4. iualum

iualum

Apr 9, 2004
    ...free bump for an amazing amp!!!...

5. Mojo-Man

Mojo-Man

Feb 11, 2003
    :cool:

So does this run at 4 ohms, and 8 ohms ?

6. metalbob

metalbob Supporting Member

Aug 2, 2004
    so california
    bump for an awesome guy :)

7. worxforme

Dec 10, 2009
    LAnsing MI
    I've had people ask on my other amps; I do have a payment plan.

It's like layaway and I will ship when it's paid in full. I have sold others amps and equipment to TBers this way as well as High$$ Pinball machines and I have a standard contract that I use.

8. LarryR

LarryR

Feb 2, 2003
    Los Angeles
    ....looking for the Drooling emoticon.
    Nice amp fellow Michigander!

9. Stupid nice amp.... Wish I had the $$....

10. worxforme

Dec 10, 2009
    LAnsing MI
    ^ Thanks for both the nice comments and the bumps.

It really is the alternative both weight and sound to the amp every other tubeman owns and plays. I've played big and small with it and loved it. I own a V8 and when that is on 1/2 power it is this amp. Some of the fellow V8 users primarily use their V8 on 1/2.

My first Mesa arrived today so, if anyone is thinking of buying this, now is the time.

11. Dallyd31

Dallyd31 Supporting Member

Jun 22, 2005
    Peterborough, Ontario

Ever compared it to the Trace Elliot V Type 300H hybrid ( which I own) ? Also, how would you say they compare to the SVT ?

12. worxforme

Dec 10, 2009
    LAnsing MI
    The 300 sounds close to this. The V4 tube power section gets the natural tube compression sound at higher levels that the 300 can't do and there is just a different bigness to a tube amp that an SS can't do. The closest I've come is with my Glock.

A friend of mine always used a SVT and when we would be on a double bill he always wanted me to use it. Great head, the only thing I don't like is you see them everywhere and they have that sound, which is great but like all the others, no offense intended to anyone. Also, you can get the V4 to break up quicker yet it still has plenty of headroom.

The V4-6-8, to me, are the cool smart funny cousins with long hair that came for a month every summer and all your friends liked them because they were 1)good, 2)different and 3)you didn't see them all the time.

It's a different flavor but without one to do a side by side I can't be more specific. When I by all tubes again, and I will, it will be Trace.

13. Dallyd31

Dallyd31 Supporting Member

Jun 22, 2005
    Peterborough, Ontario
    Thanks. Are you keeping the V8 ?

14. DJJazzV

DJJazzV Gambling is illegal at Bushwood sir... Supporting Member

May 17, 2007
    New Jersey
    Awesome amp bump! Looks great with that V8 grill on it!

15. msquared

msquared

Sep 19, 2004
    Kansas City
    I finally got to hear one of these a few weeks ago when mlwarriner's band opened for mine. The sound was absolutely killer, it was so refreshing to hear a thick tube amp that wasn't the stock SVT tone. I'd buy this in a second if I was in the market.

16. worxforme

Dec 10, 2009
    LAnsing MI
    I know on TalkBass it sometimes comes across as hype, but the Trace all tube "V" series is something special.

Too bad Hartley can't resurrect these amps.

17. worxforme

Dec 10, 2009
    LAnsing MI
    PMs answered, I have 2 deals in the works so if one of them worxforme I will close the thread.

Until then it's still available.

18. worxforme

Dec 10, 2009
    LAnsing MI
    It looks like one of the deals is confirmed, I will close the thread when payment is received.

Thanks to everyone for the kind comments and PM's.

19. worxforme

Dec 10, 2009
    LAnsing MI
    Payment received.

TalkBass rules!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.