1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD For sale only: Killer Parts-P bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Manitou, Aug 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I originally picked this up from Zachbass02 a short while back. This from Zach's original thread ( http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=302564 )

"The body is alder from a mid-80s Squier. The body was painted black. Not the most professional job, but not terrible. She's sporting a b/w/b pickguard currently. This thing has been modded big time. Equipped with a black Bada$$ II bridge. I dropped a 8K Reverend P pickup in it. This thing roars with that pup in it. I replaced the Squier Neck with an All-Parts Tele-style neck. The neck has had a vintage tint applied. It looks authenthic and not like the Rondo orange jobs. The width of the neck at the nut is pretty close to a jazz width. I just got this one out of the shop where I had Joe Hinchliffe at Corner Music do a complete setup on it. $104 later, this bass plays and sounds amazing. IMO, it smoked every P bass they had in the shop. Joe, recrowned and leveled all the frets, re-seated a few of them, adjusted the bridge intonation, string height, action, etc....the intonation is spot on. I can't say enough about the impeccable job he did on this thing. This bass will not disappoint any player. The neck is sporting vintage style reverse tuners. I believe them to be Gotoh vintage tuners, but am not 100% certain on that one. There is a small gap on the treble side of the neck pocket. Nothing that affects tone on this baby, but visually noticable up close.

Like I said, she's not the most pristine condition looking one, but she sure does play and sound amazing.

This thing absolutely smokes any MIM Fender and every MIA I've had my hands on in the last 6 months."

I'm not seeing the pics in the original thread, and I"ll try to get some pics up soon, but the bass is in the same condition in which I received it. Put a new set of DR Fatbeams on it and I gigged with it once - bass KILLED - couldn't believe what a tone this beast had.

Hate to let it go, but it's essential and I'm not looking for any trades. Need cash.

Gonna skip the haggling too. I'll ship it to lower 48 US for $200.00. Firm. Paypal is acceptable. Bass didn't come with a gigbag, but I could probably arrange it for an additional fee. Bass will be carefully packaged and shipped as soon as payment is verified. Awesome player's bass and really hate to let it go, but I gotta do what I gotta do.

Thanks for your interest!

2. eqvolvorama

eqvolvorama Supporting Member

Dec 11, 2000
    Arlington, Virginia
    Pics? The original thread no longer has them.

3. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    I'm curious about pics as well.

4. pics dont work man..

5. I'll have some pics up in the next day or two - sorry for the delay.

6. josh66

josh66

Nov 23, 2001
    Stanford CA
    is the body a japanese squier or mexican?
    any idea if its 3 piece body or 5 (like the current MIMs)
    thnks
    josh

7. According to the original for sale post, the body's Korean. I'm not sure if it's 3 or 5 piece tho.

8. Apologies for my lack of photographic genius.

Bass is no beauty queen, but she's got heart and balls aplenty.

Attached Files:

9. another - having some difficulty posting attachments this minute...

Attached Files:

10. On hold pending payment verification.

11. ahh man missed it... this is what i wanted a nice maple necked p bass....

if the sale drops im going to have to take it!

12. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    I know it sold but I am just curious if you had sound clips. I'd like to here that Reverend pickup.

And I think it looks pretty cool, especially the headstock. Is that body black sparkle?

13. Unfortunately, I never had a chance to record with the bass. I thought the tone was just amazing, though. Growly and by tone adjustments, thumpy and warm.

In Zach's original post, he described the paint as "not professional, but liking it" - I have to agree - it's got character. It's more of a dark gray sparkle.

Sale's pending, but if the deal falls through I'll post.

14. Bass is sold. Thank you for your interest, all!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.