1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD For Sale Only:This Weekend Only Yamaha TRB6

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by TeddyBearLove, Oct 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TeddyBearLove

TeddyBearLove

Nov 16, 2009
    Yamaha TRB6 (The original made in Japan TRB)
    Beautiful looking, sounding, and playing instrument. I don't need to tell anyone here, these mid 90's TRB basses are the real deal. I bought this earlier this year from a fellow TB'er, who unfortunately is no longer with us. I LOVE this bass. If not for a financial "storm", coupled with a bleak schedule of up coming gigs, I would not even consider parting with this gem. So...no trades.
    The only issues with this bass are cosmetic: And as I already stated, it is beautiful. It looks great. However, it has been refinished. It was refinished before I bought it. Not a bad job at all. I am not a paint or finish expert, by any means. But in my opinion, the refinish grades about a 7.5 out of 10. When I got the bass it looked and felt "rough" to the touch. Perhaps it just needed more work after-the-fact. Because my usual after playing wipe down over the months has changed that initial condition. It looks and feels much better than before. My picture doesn't real capture it completely. But this is really a sharp bass. In all black, with the gold hardware, it is quite the looker. Under bright lights, and with a magnifying glass, it doesn't look "factory new." But I actually get just as many comments on how great it looks as I do on the sound. And that is every single time I play it.
    With that, I am asking only what I have into the bass, although...well you all know what they go for... This is a HOT DEAL. 775.00 plus shipping.
    PayPal or Postal M.O. Ships in a TKL gig bag.

2. Hyper-sloth

Hyper-sloth Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Tampa, FL
    Good luck bump. Steal of a price.

3. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    An "I wish I had the money" bump.:)

4. TeddyBearLove

TeddyBearLove

Nov 16, 2009
    Thanks Guys...

Come on Dr. Cheese....You had "at least" one of these before. :D
    The memories are that much sweeter when you have a worthy replace in your hands...

5. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    I did have one about sixteen years ago, and if my money were right, I would buy yours. I really hope to pick up a nice TRB around tax time next year.;)

6. buddyro57

buddyro57 me and PJ (living with the angels now)

Apr 14, 2006
    Cedar Falls Iowa
    The earliest models were 34'', is this a 35''?
    Many thanks
    JS

7. TeddyBearLove

TeddyBearLove

Nov 16, 2009
    It is 34" scale.

8. worxforme

worxforme Self Actualized Bad Speller

Dec 10, 2009
    LAnsing MI
    If I only knew what to do with the c-string, bump.

9. Mr. Bass Clef

Mr. Bass Clef

Oct 23, 2010
    Hello Teddy Bear! I'm VERY interested in the bass. I'd like to see more pics. Thanks

10. TeddyBearLove

TeddyBearLove

Nov 16, 2009
    I am not equipped to take quality pictures, but here are a few more. :bassist:

11. TeddyBearLove

TeddyBearLove

Nov 16, 2009
    PM's answered...
    I have had several requests for more pics. I will not have the opportunity to post more before tomorrow. (When I close the thread anyway: Sold or not) But, there are quite a few pictures in the original thread from before I purchased the bass. The TRB looks better, now that I have it...:D But for reference, the link is http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=576618

12. TeddyBearLove

TeddyBearLove

Nov 16, 2009
    SOLD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.