1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD For Sale or Trade 2003 Spector NS-2 W/Spector HSC

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by iceboxbass, Nov 14, 2017.

1. iceboxbass

iceboxbass Living the Dream! Supporting Member

Feb 22, 2010
    Michigan
    Price:
    $3200.00
    Strings:
    For Sale or Trade is my 2003 Spector NS-2, Solid Tiger Maple wings, Neckthru 3piece Maple neck, Trans Golden tinted stain with Highgloss sealer, Pau Ferro fretboard with Abalone Crown inlays, Brass String nut, Solid high mass brass bridge Gold plated, Gold plated tuners, Gold plated Dunlop strap locks, Active EMG P neck J bridge pickups, Active US9V HAZ preamp, control knobs V,Bl,B,T a really powerful preamp that has “That” Spector sought after tone.
    There’s 3 very very small dings, 2 on headstock 1 on butt end size of a needle, both shown explicitly in pictures. Weight 8.6#. Comes with Spector HSC preformed inside padding for NS-2 with key and bridge Allen set screw wrench. This bass was previously owned by 1 of 3 world biggest Spector collectors and it came from the collection. Been well taken care of all it’s life. Never been in a smoke environment. Only selling as I only gig 5 string basses now. This bass is in great condition and plays like “butter”.
    Only gigged on a big stage at our church.
    Asking $3200.00 or trade for a Spector NS-5, other boutique 5 string basses(Neckthru Only) will be considered. PM with all offers please. Shipping included, US and Canada. PayPal, Postal Money Order, Bank cashier check or cash will only be excepted. Once payment has been cleared I ship Same or next day, also insured. Peace!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 27, 2017
    bassbooty, Matt R, MadAxeMan and 9 others like this.
  2. jack7265

jack7265 Supporting Member

Apr 24, 2011
    Avondale, La
    Very nice bass, Michael. I hope you don't regret letting this one go. GLWTS.

iceboxbass likes this.
  3. iceboxbass

Feb 22, 2010
    Michigan
    Thank you jack:) I really wish that I could keep it as it’s my first NS-2. But it’d just be sitting around not being play. A bass this nice deserves being played.:bassist:

jack7265 likes this.
  4. jack7265

jack7265 Supporting Member

Apr 24, 2011
    Avondale, La
    I agree...:thumbsup:

iceboxbass likes this.
  5. Bassmann79

Bassmann79 Supporting Member

Mar 7, 2015
    Any man that lets an NS-2 sit around not being played is dead to me! :)

GLWTS!

6. iceboxbass

Feb 22, 2010
    Michigan
    OUCH!:dead: That hurt clear to the bone;) :laugh: Really, that's why I'm selling her. Thank you:thumbsup: (My main player is a White Euro-5JJ SE Darryl Anders Sig that I bought from the man himself.)

7. prue

prue Supporting Member

Dec 12, 2006
    New York
    Endorsing Artist: Spector, DR strings
    Beauty Mike!!

iceboxbass likes this.
  8. iceboxbass

Feb 22, 2010
    Michigan
    Thanks Prue! It's going to be hard to see her go. She sounds just as beautiful too.

prue likes this.
  9. hdfxstc

hdfxstc Supporting Member

Nov 7, 2014
    Beautiful bass. Is the nut width 1 5/8"? Strange that Stewart signed the back of the headstock as a NS-4

10. iceboxbass

Feb 22, 2010
    Michigan
    Thank you :). Yes, I just measured it and it's 1 5/8" nut. It happens...I had one of the first years Forte 4 in 2010 #36, and there was another #36 around also. The necks are built & signed first before the bodies are. Maybe the neck was initially built & designated to go onto a NS-4 and somehow was mistaken??? Who knows...

Cheers!
    Michael

Last edited: Nov 27, 2017
  11. Corevalay

Corevalay Supporting Member

Sep 10, 2009
    New Jersey
    Oh man...

Someone please buy this so I don't have to keep looking at it!!

iceboxbass likes this.
  12. iceboxbass

Feb 22, 2010
    Michigan
    CYBER MONDAY SPECIAL!!! Today only! I'll knock off $100 from the price!

13. PhatBasstard

PhatBasstard Spector Dissector Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2002
    Las Vegas, NV.
    It happens more than you think.......
    Green SSD NS6 #20. SSD NS6 #20 4.JPG

iceboxbass likes this.