1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

For Sale or Trade... Dingwall Bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Proplayer44, Nov 15, 2010.

1. Proplayer44

Proplayer44

Oct 6, 2006
    Concord, NC
    Much to my chagrin, I am selling (or trading) my Dingwall Combustion Bass...

I truly hate to do it but I have sustained a shoulder injury and it is difficult to deal with the weight of this instrument as it rides right at the point of my injury when strapped on.

Not the bass's fault... just an unfortunate situation.

I am asking $1050.00 shipped CONUS. The bass is in outstanding condition and does include a Dingwall factory Gig Bag for protection. I have also installed strap locks which will be included with the bass. pix will follow soon when I can get a moment free to shoot a couple.

I would be interested in a trade for one and only one specific bass. I would trade even for an Ibanez SR4005E Prestige Model in the stained red finish. That is the only instrument I am interested in and I am actively searching for one.

Please contact me if interested at ptppub@ctc.net

2. sleeplessknight

sleeplessknight Supporting Member

Mar 8, 2002
    Seattle
    pics?

3. What color?

4. singlemalt

singlemalt Supporting Member

Dec 15, 2007
    White Salmon, WA
    Sorry to hear you have been injured, that's a great bass.

You make it sound heavy in your post, perhaps including the weight would dispel that notion.

My Dingwalls are some of the lightest, best playing basses ever.

Good luck bump!

5. bearhart74

bearhart74 Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2009
    4 or 5 string?

6. Proplayer44

Proplayer44

Oct 6, 2006
    Concord, NC
    All -

I don't want to make this sound like approximates carrying around a Buick on stage or anything...

The actual weight of the bass is 7.89 pounds per my digital scales. I am looking for a lighter bass and the Ibanez Prestige is lighter but still has the range of tones that I need like this Dingwall does.

The Ibanez weighs about 5.98 pounds.

I am trying to get some pix posted out here using photobucket.com. As soon as I figure it out, I will supply the link. I actually found an Ibanez a few minutes ago but it only has 3 days left on auction so if I could move this quickly it would be very helpful.

Pix coming. Hopefully these two pix make it on this post. This is a tremendous bass and I hate to sell it.

Thanks for the inquiries...

Kenny

Attached Files:

7. Proplayer44

Proplayer44

Oct 6, 2006
    Concord, NC
    The color is Candy Apple Red with a GreyFlake Pickguard and Maple ABZ fretboard.

It is a beautiful 5 String Bass

KS

8. Proplayer44

Proplayer44

Oct 6, 2006
    Concord, NC
    two pix sent...

Attached Files:

9. Proplayer44

Proplayer44

Oct 6, 2006
    Concord, NC
    This is a 5 string Dingwall Combustion Bass...

Pix attached

Attached Files:

10. Proplayer44

Proplayer44

Oct 6, 2006
    Concord, NC
    Thanks for the bump. This injury has been a big deal but over time it should get some better.

I love my Dingwall and you are right, it plays amazingly well!

KS

11. Proplayer44

Proplayer44

Oct 6, 2006
    Concord, NC
  12. sleeplessknight

sleeplessknight Supporting Member

Mar 8, 2002
    Seattle
    Aww man, what are you trying to pull here?! The pickups are all mounted practically sideways, and the frets aren't even straight. I'll give you $20 for her, shipped!

;)
    Ye gods I wish I had spare cash right now

13. Proplayer44

Proplayer44

Oct 6, 2006
    Concord, NC
    Anyone interested... This is a great bass that needs a good home. Priced right too!

Thanks all...

14. fretster

fretster Advanced Beginner Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2005
    Moraga, California
    Whoah, this beauty is badly in need of a bump!

Is it still available?

15. Schizoid75

Schizoid75

Apr 27, 2005
    Columbus, OH
    If it is, I'll take it!