1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TRADED For Sale or Trade: Mørch Curl 6 (Morch)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by cosmicevan, Nov 20, 2018.

Tags:
  1. cosmicevan

cosmicevan bleep bloop Supporting Member

Feb 1, 2003
    New York
    Price:
    Strings:
    Getting old(er) sucks...as much as I try to deny it...the 36" scale life is no longer for me :crying: and this bass gets zero play time.

$2,800 shipped to your door insured. Reasonable offers considered, low-ballers will be ignored.

Trades of interest
    for the right bass, I'm less concerned with a perfect dollar for dollar matchup - but can add $ or gear on either side to even things out if needed:
    - Mike Lull M4V (tobacco burst, but open - REALLY want a M4V and would probably buy one after a sale, so if you've got one and reading this, here's a chance to get a straight up swap that works in your favor)
    - Sadowsky
    - Fbass
    - Pavel
    - Birdsong or other short scale bass (4 string preference, but open to 5 or 6 strings)
    - Roscoe 4 or 5
    - Rob Allen
    - Other lesser known, but talented, luthiers who make great instruments like Johnny Morch
    - Vintage Fender Jazz (pref to 78)
    - GUITAR - Semi hollow Gibson Les Paul
    - GUITAR - Gibson ES
    - GUITAR - Fender Tele thinline
    - weird synth pedals and noisemakers
    ...I'm open, but not looking for parts basses or to get 10 basses for 1 or anything like that

Specs:
    highly flamed maple top (w/ matching headstock)
    - alder body with wenge veneers
    - 5 piece neck through flamed maple/flamed maple/alder/flamed maple/flamed maple neck (with wenge veneers on each piece)
    - ebony fingerboard (24 frets w/ graphite nut)
    - Mørch Custom Tube Stacker Pickups
    - Mørch custom 2-band pre (w/boost&cut for bass,treb & tone shaping that works in active and passive)
    - push/pull toggle for active/passive
    - push/pull humbucking/single-coil switching​
    - 36" scale, 24 frets
    - gotoh style sealed Tuners 3+3
    - stunningly carved 3D scroll
    - custom? bride and all gold hardware (schaller strap locks)

This bass was my baby. Super comfortable 6 string. Unreal tone that lets you switch from jazz pickups to a pair humbuckers with the pull of a knob on the instrument. 3 band EQ w boost AND cut and the ability to switch over to passive with dramatic passive tone shaping. Perfectly rounded, thick but not offensive, AMAZING tone...the pickup/pre combo sounds great in any config. This bass was on the Morch landing page for a few years.

couple of pix:

morchcurl6-.

img_3886-.

img_3899-.

img_3922-.

img_3916-.
    more pictures available upon request.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2018
  2. rashrader

rashrader

Mar 4, 2004
    Baltimore, MD
    Absolutely stunning. GLWTS.

purpleflyhunter and cosmicevan like this.
  3. SubNoizeRat3691

SubNoizeRat3691 Lovin' the lows

Feb 1, 2010
    Davenport, IA
    I keep looking at the 3D scroll, that is lovely!!

cosmicevan likes this.
  4. cosmicevan

Feb 1, 2003
    New York
    Thanks. I've long been a Morch geek. He makes gorgeous singlecuts as well...to me the real thing that makes a Morch stand out is the pickups and electronics.

5. purpleflyhunter

purpleflyhunter

Feb 11, 2005
    Johnny’s stuff is absolutely incredible! We don’t see his basses come up often and if I’m not mistaken, he’s stopped production on anything other than custom orders.

His pickups are some of the most harmonically rich my ears have heard in a long time. (I have a bass-crush on all his stuff!) I’m stoked to see this on the forum.

Best of luck on the sale!

Last edited: Dec 1, 2018
    cosmicevan likes this.
  6. cosmicevan

Feb 1, 2003
    New York
    Thanks, I hate to see it go, but I am just not playing my 36" scale instruments any longer and I've never been one to hold onto instruments for the sake of just having them. I'd love this to be played and loved so if it catches your eye let me know...I can be flexible on the price to get it to the right home.

Here's a clip of the bass in action...you can hear how well it cuts through.

purpleflyhunter likes this.
  7. cosmicevan

Feb 1, 2003
    New York
    This is on hold as I'm working the final details of a trade. Will ping here if that trade falls through.

8. cosmicevan

Feb 1, 2003
    New York

Jeff Elkins and purpleflyhunter like this.