1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD For Sale or Trade: Mesa 400+ Bass Head

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by krovx, Sep 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. krovx

krovx Thump or Bust Supporting Member

Mar 11, 2003
    Michigan, USA
    You guys know what this is. Great head, it is a beast. I bought it from a studio, so it lived its life in a rack and almost looks brand new. I can get some photos of it tonight. It was just retubed before I got it, and I would guess the tubes have about about 40 hours on them. I just played a Mesa Carbine, and really want one. If you somehow want to trade your nice, light Carbine for this beast, let me know. We can work something out, I would prefer to ship this in the rack case for added protection. I am looking for $1100.00 for it, if you can pick it up, I would gladly give you a discount. We can try to work on shipping, I know it will not be cheap. My zip is 49548 :cool:

2. krovx

Mar 11, 2003
    Michigan, USA
    Here are some pictures, I know they are not great they are off my blackberry, but I figure it is something to get the ball rolling. Didn't have a screw driver on me to take it out of the rack, but I can attest that the body is in the same shape. Only bumps or marks are very slight on the handles. I will get some better pictures when I get over to my practice space with my digital camera.

mesa1.

mesa2.

mesa3.

mesa4.

3. krovx

Mar 11, 2003
    Michigan, USA
    Any bites? here fishie fishie!

4. derelicte

derelicte

Dec 25, 2007
    NJ/NYC
    i'l buy it from you in 4 weeks.... o_O

5. krovx

Mar 11, 2003
    Michigan, USA
    hehe, with as slow as things have been for me trying to move things, that might work ;) Thanks for the interest!

6. what's your reason for selling? I just saw you pick this up a while ago on HCBF, what's the deal?

7. krovx

Mar 11, 2003
    Michigan, USA
    Starting to play a lot of gigs, and getting sick of lugging it around. Great tone though! Plus, I am a huge fan of the Carbine and wish I could of tried the Carbine before buying the 400+. If I end up keeping the 400+ no worries, still an amazing head. I do fear the retube! :ninja:

8. Is the 400+ still up for grabs?

9. Broadbent

Broadbent

Mar 28, 2007
    krovx is a good guy to do business with. And If I wasn't as short for cash as I am right now I think I'd buy this head off of you and run 2 amps. but I think Im in the same bought as the 4 week guy :(

10. Krovx, I'll take it. Shoot me an email...JazzmanAndy@gmail.com
    Hope to hear from you soon!:hyper:

11. krovx

Mar 11, 2003
    Michigan, USA
    Thanks for the kind words. Hope that SVT 4 Pro is working out well for you. Run both of them? You truly want to bring down the house. Andy, I am emailing you. Everyone, it is still available, just not rushing to sell for needed money, etc. Thanks!

12. how does a trade for an SVT 2 PRO sound to you?
    Consider Canada shipping?
    Please? I'll love you forever
    hahaha

13. krovx

Mar 11, 2003
    Michigan, USA
    Pretty die hard Mesa fan lately. Not sure if I will go back to the Ampeg. Good stuff, just prefer the way the Mesa cuts in the mix.

Sold pending Andy's payment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.