Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

FOR SALE: RARE: Ampeg SVT 300 ALL TUBE POWER AMP

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by jbares, Jan 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jbares

jbares Ragin'Cajun

Nov 23, 2003
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    I am selling one of my most prized amps I've ever owned...A very rare to see all tube..Ampeg SVT 300 watt power amp..Ampeg made these amps only for 2 years in the late 90's and made very few of them. It is all tube including (6) 6550 power tubes and (1) 12AX7A, (1) 12AUX7A, (1) 12AU7A totalling 9 tubes. It is in EXCELLENT CONDITION overall with a few normal scratches on top and 1 rack ear is slightly bent thanks to UPS when I bought it several years ago. Also one of the rack handles are bent and I've bought a replacement handle from Ampeg and will include it in the sale. So the only blem is one rack ear that is slightly bent. It doesn't affect racking it at all. I ran this amp with several different preamps including a Demeter VTBP201S, Alembic F1X, Kern 777, Glockenklang Bass Art preamp and a few others...powering a Ampeg 8x10 classic cab.. The TONE is KILLER! And this amp has THE BEST DISTORTION when driven at full steam! Check out Michael Anthony's setup on the current Van Halen tour. He's using several of these amps with the new Ampeg Classic Preamp and his custom Ampeg 8x10 cabs..
    The amp functions perfectly and is very clean on the inside of the amp. Has always been stored in my house and only taken out for studio sessions. Works KILLER for guitar as well. ***Also has a PRESENCE knob next to the volume knob on the front of the amp. The presence knob works great with cabs that have a tweeter...it really opens the tone up and makes the tone even sweeter! $750.00 takes it. Shipping will be around 50 bucks b/c of the 70 lb weight of the amp. Serious buyer can email me for pics.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.